Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Spotify keeps asking me to login

Android Spotify keeps asking me to login

Every time I start up the Android Spotify app now, it asks me to login via facebook (or username). This is pretty **bleep** annoying, especially if you're in the car, you do not want to log in (when it inevitably crashes on you).

This app REALLY needs to be updated to fix the number of bloody problems on it. People don't generally go for a premium account without needing mobile access. There are plenty of other services that are launching that can do this job.

Fix the issues Spotify. Your users are begging you.

17 Replies

This is driving me nuts!

Every time I turn it on in the morning I have to log in at least twice. The facebook open graph message comes up regardless of whether I've pressed OK or back (how many times do I have to see it? I've got it!!!) it crashes and I have to go through it again.

Extremely annoying, especially when you pay not to be bombarded with advertising!

I have the same problem and it is extremely annoying. I have bought the premium subscription specifically to use the mobile access, and I expect it to work properly.

I recently cancelled my Premium subscription because I was so fed up with the Android app crashing on both my HTC Desire and also my Asus Transformer. I really want the app fixed and will subscribe again but for such a large company I can't believe that this hasn't been fixed.

I'll give it another month and if it's still broken I'm off to Napster or Deezer.

Hey,

i have the same problems and wrote a message to the support. this is the answer translated in english (after that i post the original answer in german):

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this case, I would like to propose that you:

1) uninstall spotify
2) remove all spotify files from your mobile
3) download the app from our website
4) install new

I would recommend you to take this opportunity to update flash and then restart your phone again.

Please also empty the cache and ensure that you have run any software cacheclearing if you're wearing Spotify.

This is the german answer:
Hi Michael,

Es tut mir Leid, dass es nicht richtig funktioniert 😞

In diesem Fall würde ich gerne vorschlagen, dass du Spotify:

1) Deinstallierst
2) Von deinem Handy samt aller Dateien entfernst
3) Die App von unserer Webseite neu herunter lädst
4) Neu installierst

Ich würde dir an dieser Stelle empfehlen Flash zu aktualisieren und dann dein Handy neu zu starten.

Bitte leere auch den cache und stelle auch sicher, dass du keine Cache-clearing Software laufen hast wenn du Spotify anhast.

Sag mir bescheid ob es geklappt hat.
Best wishes, 

Nico 

Spotify Customer Service 
Cambridge
i'm software developer at my own and i can't believe that this is the solution...

I've also uninstalled/deleted cache etc many times and it doesn't solve the problem. Spotify are losing lots of customers because of this and even though they're aware there's a problem they still haven't fixed it. It's up to them, if they don't want my £120 a year then I'll take my money elsewhere.

I just downloaded the spotify app for my Note 2 and I am having the same issue. I got a 30 day trial, but will not be renewing it if this problem is not fixed soon. I don't want the app running when I am using it so I kill it often. But if i want to play a son real quick, I shouldn't have to log in. I don't have to for any other app on my phone, not sure why the only one that is a paid service needs me to... This should be a high priority to fix or you will be losing this potential customer, and I'm sure many more. 

There is no need to force close any apps. Android does that for you. Empty RAM is wasted RAM so the system.will keep apps in memory in case you need them again and will automatically remove them is the space is needed for other things
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hi all, I ran into this issue recently.  For those of you that still have this problem, I was able to work around the issue by temporarily enabling offline mode.  Try the following:

1) log into spotify

2) enable offline mode (Settings -> Offline mode)

3) close down spotify using your preferred method

4) launch spotify (credentials should be saved at this point)

5) disable offline mode

Credentials should be saved now and survive across reboots.  This is on spotify 0.5.11.4, gs3 i9305 stock touchwiz 4.1.2.  Note that if you ever log out, you'll have to repeat these steps.

Hopefully the spotify devs can figure this out.

every time i login to spotyfi on my phone, i can see my playlists but then it say's " try spotyfi for free". then i click " i have a account" and when i try to login again it say's wrong username or password.... HELP !

@Camillasundby wrote:

every time i login to spotyfi on my phone, i can see my playlists but then it say's " try spotyfi for free". then i click " i have a account" and when i try to login again it say's wrong username or password.... HELP !

Do you have a premium account? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes, it work's on my Boyfriends phone, but not mine..

Is there a "I'm new to Spotify button" if so try pressing it even if you aren't!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Yes.

I also posted this in another thread here about this same topic.

On my Nexus 4 running Android 4.2.2Spotify 0.5.13.63 was also asking me to log in everytime it restarted.

I fixed it doing the following (Spotify refers to the Android application):

1. Log in to Spotify application using my email (I don't have a Facebook-connected account)
  2. Put Spotify in Offline Mode
  3. Force Quit Spotify
  4. Restart Spotify and witness how it automatically logs in
  5. Disable Offline Mode

After doing this I was able to preserve the login after both Force Quitting the app and Restarting the whole device.

I guess enabling the Offline Mode sets some persistent login token that gets neglected otherwise.

EDIT: Seems this exact solution was already posted here.

Same problem on my N4, I just tried this, we'll see if it holds. Now, about my disappearing downloaded offline playlists...

I have the same issue,the weird thing is that on my tablet which has KitKat Spotify works just fine,the problem is on my Lollipop smartphone,maybe it has to do with Android version?

I did exactly this and it worked! Before this I also reset my password and I think that helped as well 

Suggested posts