Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Shuffle all songs of all albums and followed artists

Hi, it would be a great feature to be able to shuffle all songs of all the albums and followed artists, without using the playlists : So a Shuffle button on the top of those two sections of My music : - Albums : button "Shuffle all Albums" - Artists ...

• Regular
  • Hi, it would be a great feature to be able to shuffle all songs of all the albums and followed artists, without using the playlists :   So a Shuffle button on the top of those...
  • Yordan
  • 8 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 41 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Song progress Bar broken again on Android

Plan: PremiumCountry: IrelandDevice: Hawei P30 proOperating System: Android 10 The issue that was recently 'fixed' with the song progress bar not displaying correctly when using Spotify Connect is happening again on my P30 Pro. The update seemed to f...

• Roadie
  •   Plan: Premium Country: Ireland Device: Hawei P30 pro Operating System: Android 10   The issue that was recently 'fixed' with the song progress bar not displaying...
  • Elena
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android
    progress bar
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Muting Voice Navigation Over Bluetooth

I noticed this issue this morning when my Google Maps navigation was silent, and so I missed a turning, and I proceeded to diagnose the root cause when I got home, and I end up associating it to Spotify. I use Spotify and Google maps almost every day...

• Visitor
  • I noticed this issue this morning when my Google Maps navigation was silent, and so I missed a turning, and I proceeded to diagnose the root cause when I got home, and I end up associating it to Spot...
  • dylanthomasuk
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily Mix 5 deleted

Happened a few days ago randomly when I clicked to open Daily Mix 5. Missing on BOTH Android app and Samsung TV app. PlanPrrmiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+App version:8.6.88.1104

• Regular
  • Happened a few days ago randomly when I clicked to open Daily Mix 5.  Missing on BOTH Android app and Samsung TV app.  Plan Prrmium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ App version...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify tries to play on my other device!?

PlanPremiumCountryNorwayDeviceTablet and phone, both with Android 11.Operating SystemAndroid 11My Question or Issue When I use Spotify on my tablet, Spotify tries to start playing on my phone via a notification. The notification can't be deleted. I f...

• Plan Premium Country Norway Device Tablet and phone, both with Android 11. Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue   When I use Spotify on my tablet, Spotify tries to sta...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    playing
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution help, i can't see my SpotifyWrapped2021

PlanFreeCountryDeviceXperia XAOperating SystemAndroid 7 My Question or IssueHello, I have a problem when trying to see my Wrapped2021 because when trying to see it the application closes. I already deleted the application data, uninstalled it and rei...

• Plan Free Country Device Xperia XA Operating System Android 7   My Question or Issue Hello, I have a problem when trying to see my Wrapped2021 because when trying to see it the applicat...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Since Upgrading to Android 12 Bluetooth Information is Not Correct/Missing

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 4a & Pixel 6 ProOperating SystemAndroid 12 (SQ1A.211205.008 for 4a and SD1A.210817.036 for 6 Pro) My Question or IssueSince Upgrading to Android 12 the track length, how much time remaining, and album name does not sh...

•   Plan Premium Country USA Device Pixel 4a & Pixel 6 Pro Operating System Android 12 (SQ1A.211205.008 for 4a and SD1A.210817.036 for 6 Pro)   My Question or Issue Since ...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify reports being offline when using a custom captive portal

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsung Galaxy A30Operating SystemAndroid 11My Question or IssueWhen using the /e/ os captive portal (the site that Android uses to check network connectivity) using the method detailed here. I noticed it only happene...

• Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsung Galaxy A30 Operating System Android 11 My Question or Issue When using the /e/ os captive portal (the site that Android uses to check network co...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Music volume doesn't come back up on Android Auto notification

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy S10Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueSpotify music volume lowers when there is a notification on Android Auto but the music volume is stuck on low even after the notification is over. This low volu...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Samsung Galaxy S10 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue Spotify music volume lowers when there is a notification on Android Auto but th...
  • Kiril
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Troubleshooting app, music wont play (Android)

PlanPremiumCountryTheNetherlandsDeviceSamsung Galaxy s8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueMy music wont play on the app. It does in the webapp. If I log in on a different account on my app it works as well. But on my account the progress b...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country TheNetherlands Device Samsung Galaxy s8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue My music wont play on the app. It does in the webapp. If I log in on a di...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Continue audiobooks

Is there a way to resume audio books from where I stopped them? I have to manually search for the chapter in which I stopped listening.It would be very nice if we could use the same technique as for the podcast.

• Is there a way to resume audio books from where I stopped them? I have to manually search for the chapter in which I stopped listening. It would be very nice if we could use the same technique as fo...
  • winek
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes
  • Audio books
  • 5 replies
  • 11 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Cannot Play Downloaded Podcasts Offline

Plan: FreeCountry: United StatesDevice: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P)Operating System: Android 6.0.1Spotify Version: 8.6.88.1104My Question or Issue:I am having trouble getting Spotify to play downloaded podcasts (e.g., Armchair Expert) while my devic...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan:  Free Country: United States Device: Samsung Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) Operating System: Android 6.0.1 Spotify Version: 8.6.88.1104 My Question or Issue: I am having trouble getting Spoti...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Offline Access
    podcast
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Android auto and Apple CarPlay][Connect] Paid service for Android auto and Apple CarPlay

Spotify stopped working correctly with Android auto and Apple CarPlay on purpose because you are making the car Thing. But if you have an expensive car you don't want another thing on you dashboard. Why not add a subscription option to reactivate the...

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify stopped working correctly with Android auto and Apple CarPlay on purpose because you are making the car Thing. But if you have an expensive car you don't want another thing on you dashboard. ...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android auto and Apple CarPlay
    Connect
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't log into new installed app on Android

PlanPremium StudentCountryGermanyDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20 FEOperating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI got a new phone and installed the app (as you do). I can't log in with my data, but it works just fine on the browser and the desktop app.The...

•   Plan Premium Student Country Germany Device Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I got a new phone and installed the app (as you do). I can'...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Account
    Login
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Mobile][Podcasts] Rating podcasts on Spotify

Podcasts get picked up because of (electronic) word of mouth - so having the possibility to rate them would be beneficial for audience and creators alike. Adding reviews is even better, but let's start with rating.

• Visitor
  • Podcasts get picked up because of (electronic) word of mouth - so having the possibility to rate them would be beneficial for audience and creators alike. Adding reviews is even better, but let's sta...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Mobile
    Podcasts
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Is there any way to bring back Behind The Lyrics?

PlanPremiumCountryCzech RepublicDeviceSamsung M12Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpotify seems to have replaced Behind The Lyrics with actual lyrics. But I loved Behind The Lyrics so much! I am a music nerd and I've learned so much just f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Czech Republic Device Samsung M12 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Spotify seems to have replaced Behind The Lyrics with actual lyrics. But I loved ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

How do i stop spotify from rearranging my playlist list based on activity?

PlanPremiumCountrySEDeviceSamsung GalaxyOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueSpotify is changing the order of my playlists on my andriod phone based on what playlists I have currently been listening to. I have about... 50 lists at any given ti...

•   Plan Premium Country SE Device Samsung Galaxy Operating System Android   My Question or Issue Spotify is changing the order of my playlists on my andriod phone based on what pl...
  • pjyoung2013
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify will no longer play personal playlists when using smart assistant devices

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device( Samsung Galaxy 9)Operating System(Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen I tell any of my smart devices to play my personal playlists that Ive been playing in the past Spotify will instead play a publi...

• Regular
  • ...y personal playlists that Ive been playing in the past Spotify will instead play a public playlist with a similar name.  I have 6 smart devices that I use regularly and they all started e...
  • MafeG
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cant see lyrics

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDeviceGalaxy a70Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueI can't see lyrics on songs.Even though my friends are able to see lyrics , in my user somehow i just cant see them.Already tried cleaning cache, clean reinstall, ...

•   Plan Premium Country Israel Device Galaxy a70 Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue I can't see lyrics on songs. Even though my friends are able to see lyrics , i...
  • eillie
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio Playlist is not available for some songs

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceXiaomi Mi 9T ProOperating SystemMIUI 12.0.3.0 based on Android 10 (Issue is more or less also happening on the Windows App, see below for more information) My Question or IssueWhen choosing "Go to Song-Radio" of lesser ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro Operating System MIUI 12.0.3.0 based on Android 10 (Issue is more or less also happening on the Windows App, see below for more information...
  • Rulman_ibni_Segman
  • Visitor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Radio
    Radio Playlist
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes