Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs Removed from Queue Keep Coming Back

Spoiler (Highlight to read) PlanPremiumCountryIrelandDeviceHuawei P30 LiteOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueEvery time I try to remove songs from my queue, they keep returning. If I try to change the order that the songs play in, my chan...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Ireland Device Huawei P30 Lite Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Every time I try to remove songs from my queue, they keep returning. If I...
  • Eni
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Landscape view doesn't work

So frustrating that landscape view still doesn't work for the 'album art / song played right now - mode'. As you can see in the picture, this screen gets stuck on vertical mode. I want to view this horizontally. Especially when I'm working from home ...

• Gig Goer
  •     So frustrating that landscape view still doesn't work for the 'album art / song played right now - mode'. As you can see in the picture, this screen gets stuck on vertical mode. I wan...
  • Ptitben56
  • Visitor
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • landscape
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify randomly stops playing while in offline mode

PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy A50Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSpotify randomly stops playing music and podcasts. This only happens when the device does not have an internet connection. This happens regardless whether Spotify set t...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium Device Samsung Galaxy A50 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Spotify randomly stops playing music and podcasts. This only happens when the device does not ha...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution facebook story redirects to spotify main page

PlanPremium CountryCanada DeviceSamsung Galaxy A50 Android 9 OS The issue i have is some Facebook stories on facebook app on my phone redirect to main spotify page in spotify for android and not the webpage. I have open in external web browser enable...

• Not applicable
  • Plan Premium   Country Canada   Device Samsung Galaxy A50   Android 9 OS   The issue i have is some Facebook stories on facebook app on my phone redirect to main spotif...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify pausing randomly on Android

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceSony ZX505Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueSpotify pausing randomly on Android when screen off with downloaded files.Tried delete all files and reinstall Spotify, turn off battery optimization, swap another SD ca...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device Sony ZX505 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue Spotify pausing randomly on Android when screen off with downloaded files. Trie...
  • Thanatos1
  • Casual Listener
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • pausing randomly
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify Lite - music not playing

tl;drSpotify Premium PlanGermanyAndroid 4.2.2 Head unit of Honda Civic MY 2018Spotify Lite 1.4.39.67Login and browsing playlists work but music is not playingHi!I have some issues with Spotify Lite and I hope together we can solve this. I start with ...

• Regular
  • tl;dr Spotify Premium Plan Germany Android 4.2.2 Head unit of Honda Civic MY 2018 Spotify Lite 1.4.39.67 Login and browsing playlists work but music is not playing Hi! I have some issues wit...
  • Zan9
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Bluetooth codecs

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceIphone SE Operating System(iOS 10)Hi,Can somebody tell me abouth spotify bluetooth quality on ios? How does the transcoding work? My headphones supports aac and aptx but from my understanding ios only outputs aac and th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device Iphone SE  Operating System (iOS 10) Hi, Can somebody tell me abouth spotify bluetooth quality on ios? How does the transcoding work? My headp...
  • herbertburki
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 7 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Stations Freezes on Call End

PremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle Pixel 3AOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueWhile using the Spotify Stations app, if I pick up an incoming call, the banner in the notifications area disappears, and I need to go back into the app to...

• Visitor
  • Premium Country United States Device Google Pixel 3A Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue While using the Spotify Stations app, if I pick up an incoming call, the banner i...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App on Huawei p30 pro crashes every 10 minutes.

PlanPremiumCountryGuatemalaDeviceHuawei p30 proOperating SystemAndroid 10, EMUI 10 My Question or Issue Hello. Im having problems with the app, it closes every 10 minutes I need to reopen the app to play the music. I already deleted the cache, I dele...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Guatemala Device Huawei p30 pro Operating System Android 10, EMUI 10   My Question or Issue   Hello. Im having problems with the app, it closes every 10 minu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Get audio analysis using SpotifyAppRemote

In my Android app, I want to visualize the audio beats. By using the Quick Start I can get authorized and get notifications for the currently playing song which is a good starting point already.But I see no API (yet?) to access the audio-analysis. Do...

• Visitor
  • In my Android app, I want to visualize the audio beats.  By using the Quick Start I can get authorized and get notifications for the currently playing song which is a good starting point a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Facebook account

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help.PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited states DeviceSamsung Galaxy s9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI have kind of weird situati...

• Visitor
  • None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. Plan Free/Premium Country United states  Device Samsung Galaxy s9 ...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Facebook help
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Plugging headphone to Android phone to make a phone call cause to music stop on synced SmartTV

I am listening music from my Samsung SmartTV which synced with my Android phone.But when I plug headphone to Android phone to make a phone call ends up music stop on SmartTV and starts to play in headphones. PlanPremiumDeviceSamsung Galaxy S7 EdgeOpe...

• Visitor
  • I am listening music from my Samsung SmartTV which synced with my Android phone. But when I plug headphone to Android phone to make a phone call ends up music stop on SmartTV and starts to play in h...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • available devices
    headphone
    sync
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files from pc to phone via playlist are sped up

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceAndroid 4.2.2Operating SystemAndroid 4.2.2 and Win10 My Question or IssueIf i add local files from my computer to a playlist and then download that playlist on my phone, these files are sped up. I tried redownlading the...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Android 4.2.2 Operating System Android 4.2.2 and Win10   My Question or Issue If i add local files from my computer to a playlist and then download ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Galaxy s20 free 6 month premium not working

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUSDeviceSamsung Galaxy S20+Operating System My Question or IssueI'm not able to redeem my free 6 month premium, it says im ineligible. I tried everything, talked to their support and they told me to bring this up to you guys. T...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country US Device Samsung Galaxy S20+ Operating System   My Question or Issue I'm not able to redeem my free 6 month premium, it says im ineligible. I tried everything...
  • 引きこもり
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not connecting to Google

PlanPremiumCountryUiDeviceHuwaei p20Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI've got a p20 when I try and connect devices from Spotify to the Google home. It just says connecting I know that the Google home works. Can connect a Android tablet. I ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Ui Device Huwaei p20 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I've got a p20 when I try and connect devices from Spotify to the Google home. It just says co...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify does not start on Galaxy Note 9 / Android 10 / Knox

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy Note 9 with Samsung KnoxOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI have been using Spotify without problem earlier. I had to recently perform a factory reset on my Galaxy Note 9 and re-install the Sp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Samsung Knox Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I have been using Spotify without problem earlier. I had t...
  • Ver
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution I can't share sings to my Instagram Story

PlanPremiumCountrySingaporeDeviceMi Max 2Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI always used to be able to share songs to my instagram story. But recently the option wasn't available. I just updated both instagram and spotify thinking that was ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Singapore Device Mi Max 2 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I always used to be able to share songs to my instagram story. But recently the option wa...
  • Mario
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution How to look up the recent songs I've listened to

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(Android)Operating System(Android My Question or Issues:How to look up the recent songs I've listened to

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (Android) Operating System (Android   My Question or Issues: How to look up the recent songs I've listened to
  • Mario
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant seem to share a song to my IG stories. Help.

Hello, i have always shared songs tk my IG stories before.... but now that option/feature is missing... My apps are up to date. Im using Samsung galaxy a50

• Regular
  • Hello, i have always shared songs tk my IG stories before.... but now that option/feature is missing...   My apps are up to date. Im using Samsung galaxy a50
  • Mario
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes