Make Spotify pause when hearing a voice message

Plan

Premium

Device

Pocophone F1, Galaxy S8+ and LG G7 ThinQ

Operating System

Android Oreo, Android Pie 

My Question or Issue

Spotify keeps playing when listening to voice messages on Whatsapp & Telegram.

Tested it on multiple devices, different OSes, with a headset, without, using car's speaker and whatnot. 

Whenever I'd like to hear a voice message while listening to music, the music doesn't stop, and is playing in the background, making the voice unhearable.

In my car, for example, when I pause the music, it drops the audio volume to 0, and I can't hear anything at all. When I increase the volume, it resumes the music.

Actually, the only solution I've ever found to this is to Force Close Spotify, just before I need to hear a voice message. It's safe to say that this is not the intended behavior. 

I tried various tools: apps for managing autoplay and volume, auto-freezers, asking on XDA, even Tasker/Automate recipes - no solution yet. So whenever I'm in my car and need to hear a message from a client, I must pull over, FC, play, then resume my music. 

Can you suggest anything for me to try?

5 Replies

This is still an issue for me.

Hey there @PashaKagan, @shaunkleyn

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

As such feature hasn't been yet implemented for Spotify, you can create an idea on the Community. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app, and you can read more about how ideas work here.

If you're curious, you can read more about how the idea submission process works by clicking here.   

As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented 🙂 

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Solved by disabling "Spotify Connect in background" on Settings

Well it has because that's how it works on an iPhone 

Not a solution. I want it to run in the background when texting, googling, gaming, etc. 

Suggested posts