Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android SpotifyApp hides on starting when in landscape mode

Android SpotifyApp hides on starting when in landscape mode

I originally thought the app was crashing because the Spotify app started up, briefly showed the playlists and then vanished. However it still showed in the running application list. When I activated Spotify in portrait mode it stays open and does not close straightaway.

I upgraded my spotify (application and account) to use with my sonos system and this recent issue has marred the experience.

Spotify 1.9.0.1273

Android 4.0.3

Acer A501

Please rectify

2 Replies

Exact same problem today. Didn't try portrait view but app appears to close in one or two seconds when in landscape and I go to the my music page however music still streams. Just upgraded to Premium, is it related to that ? This happened first time after upgrading to Premium, however the app updated in the same time period as well. I tried deleteing and reinstalling the app with no change in the problem. OK after reinstall and sign in until I go to My Music in landscape.the the problem occurs again

This is only happening on my Asus Transformer TF 101, Android 4.0.3

Workd fine on my Motorola Droid Maxx, Android 4.4.4

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Can you try a cean install and let me know how it goes?

[GUIDE] How to fix common issues for Spotify on Android

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts