Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android TV] Adjust quality

[Android TV] Adjust quality

Hi ! 

I have a premium account and on my desktop client I put the quality settings on "High", I did the same on my android phone. 

I have an android tv which is connected to a very good quality amplifier and speakers.

But I can't find how I am supposed to set the quality of the music on Spotify on android tv. 

Until recently, I saw my Facebook profile picture on the top right, so I just supposed it was there. But now I only have the log out button.

Can you help me, please ? 

Thank you by advance. 

7 Replies

For premium subscribers, hardware devices will always stream music at the highest quality setting of 320kbps. There is no way of changing this.

I understand this is a fairly old thread however I'm also running into this issue.

Could you explain the reason why 320kbps would be the best available quality setting?

And is it a feature that is being considered? Or not at all, and if so why not?

That's good to hear.. I've always thought it sounded great. It would be beneficial if there was an icon or some sort of indicator stating that it's streaming at best quality. 

Hi, i have the same issue, and when i use the chromecast included in the tv, the quality is great but when i'm using directly the spotify app on the Android Tv, the sound is really bad, and i can't find the settings to put the quality on the highest.

(I have a Sony Bravia Android TV, linked by optical in a yamaha sound system)

Hi @Erwan_Radigois,

Thanks for posting on the Community.

Just to confirm, did the issue start after a recent firmware update on your TV? Also, does this happen when using other streaming apps?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem! Just bought a LG C1 TV (latest firmware update) and the sound is in low quality. Same on my Google Home.

In the mobile app (iOS) the audio quality settings are unavailable (not available when your are listening on another device). And no quality settings in the TV app, downloaded from LG's app store (webos).

In comparison, when using another device like my mobile or an iPad with the mobile app paired with bluetooth, everything is fine, quality is great.

Hey @LionelF,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

When using the Connect feature to playback from another device, the audio quality and some other options become unavailable as that device is not playing the tracks. 

However, the quality is usually related to the Internet connection on TV apps. To keep investigating your case, would you mind trying with a different WiFi connection? You can also use a mobile data hotspot in case you have no other WiFi network to test it.

Also, could you send us the Spotify version you're currently running on your LG C1 TV? You can find it by selecting the Account icon on the left panel, it's under your username on the right side of the screen.

We'll be waiting for your response.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts