Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Wear 2.0: volume control missing after 2.0-update on Polar M600

Solved!

Android Wear 2.0: volume control missing after 2.0-update on Polar M600

After the Android Wear 2.0-update on my Polar M600, I can't control the volume anymore via the M600 watch (see attachment). Before the update, the M600 would display a diamond shaped control pad on the watch: left and right for previous/next track - and up and down for volume up/down.

I've tried different ways of interacting with the Spotify Wear-app, like swiping in different directions, touch-and-hold to see if the volume-controls then pop up - but without success.

Am I doing something wrong, or has volume control been removed from the Spotify Wear-app since the Wear 2.0-update?

polar-m600-spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Perhaps the volume control is not implemented by default anymore on cards and have to be implemented in-app explicitly.

With Google Music I had the same issue on my LG Urbane. If I have the card with previsous, pause and next in front of me, I tap on the artist name. Now the Google Music app on the watch opens. If i swipe up I get extensive controls including volume control.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Have they hidden the playback controls? What happens if you swipe up?

Hi Joe, when I swipe up, it shows the next notification (or [clear all] if there aren't any). When I touch-and-hold (on the screen in my picture, for example), the watch vibrates one short time, but then nothing happens. I thought maybe the volume controls were hidden there.

One other thing I'd like to note is that I've factory-reset both my phone (LG G4) and my M600 together, to make sure it wasn't some upgrade-related issue. They're both fresh installs, but the 'problem' persists.

I found this thread in the Google forum where another user said "If i press on the card then swipe up i get the volume controls." so I hoped it would work for you too 🙂

Hi Joe, thanks again for the quick reply.

Yeah I've found that article too, but onfortunatly that doesn't work. Nothing happens when I swipe up, press-and-hold and swipe up, go left, down, right... even diagonal 😉

Anyway, I also read that a lot of watches are not updated yet with Android Wear 2.0 because there was some bug in that update at Google. They delayed it. This bug did not present itself on a handful of watches, including the M600. So maybe that explains why I seem to be the only one who reported this dissapearing feature... so far.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same issues, or even better: has a solution!

Marked as solution

Perhaps the volume control is not implemented by default anymore on cards and have to be implemented in-app explicitly.

With Google Music I had the same issue on my LG Urbane. If I have the card with previsous, pause and next in front of me, I tap on the artist name. Now the Google Music app on the watch opens. If i swipe up I get extensive controls including volume control.

Thanks, this worked! I can't believe I've overlooked this!

Suggested posts