Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app crashes when wifi connected

Android app crashes when wifi connected

Hi everyone, 

I have problem with spotify android app. Application crashes when wifi is connected

I tested on two different Samsung Galaxy S10 phones and Oppo A5. 

When wifi is turned off everything works fine - until I connect wifi again. 

When I connected to another wifi (in work) works fine. Maybe some settings in my router? Any ideas, please help. 

Best regards. Gregory

3 Replies

Yup, same problem here. Affected Android first, around Thursday of last week, then broke on my laptop over the weekend.

Big fan of Spotify, so would be a shame to lose my premium account, but I'm obviously not gonna keep paying for something that's not working.

No router updates any time recently. Tried a router restart to no avail.

Have also tried the clean reinstall on both devices (along with a host of other recommendations on the forum) to no avail.

Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Check your Spotify on another wifi network. In my case I have checked in work and... everything works correctly. When I came back home spotify crashed again. 

But if I disconected wifi and switched to cellular data spotify is working again. 

I don't know. Probably is samething wrong with my wifi network.

Any ideas?

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Since the app works fine when connected to a different network there might be an issue with the home Wi-Fi network. Try the following:

• Turn your WiFi off. Wait 30 seconds, then switch it back on.
  • If that doesn’t help, try restarting your router.

If you're able to access the Web Player with no issues on that same device over Wi-Fi, it'd be a good idea heading over to your device's Settings > Apps > locate Spotify on the list > Data Usage and double check that all relevant Wi-Fi network access is toggled to Allowed.

We'd also recommend making sure that Spotify is set as an exception for any cache-clearing or battery optimization apps.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts