Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app crashing frequently (Nexus S)

Solved!

Android app crashing frequently (Nexus S)

I was just wondering when you were planning to update the android Spotify app. On my phone (Nexus S running Ice Cream Sandwich) the app freezes and restarts around 2-3 times a day and sometimes it will launch and then crash straight away. The only solution for this is then to uninstall the app and re-sync all of my offline playlists.

This is highly unacceptable for a service that i pay £10 of my hard earned money and never seems to work as it should do. I will be expecting a reply with an answer to my question and complaints.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

same problem as me.

One solution I've read about is this, might be worth a try:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Reboot Phone

3. Reinstall from the Market

4. Check "App Info" to verify there is no data and the app is not running

5. Run the app, it should prompt you to login; it worked for me at this point

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

I've had no huge problems with the spotify app on my Galaxy nexus, till a few days ago.. ._. It just shuts down after 2 seconds after being started. Havent been able to listen to music for several days on my phone and nothing seem to help. Tried everything and its starting to get really annoying as im paying for this..

edit; After reinstalling the app, it wont even start. Tried clearing the data etc but as soon as I click on the app, my screen goes black and it shuts down. Dont even get to the login screen or anything. 

Try deleting the /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui directory from the SD card. This will remove all your synced playlists, but it works for me every time (at least for a while)

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Marked as solution

It is worth noting that Spotify does not at present support ICS builds so this instability is likely to continue for the time bering even with quick fixes.

You might want to vote for my idea to get an ICS beta out ASAP:-

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Release-a-ICS-beta-Spotify/idi-p/37113 

4 Replies

I've had no huge problems with the spotify app on my Galaxy nexus, till a few days ago.. ._. It just shuts down after 2 seconds after being started. Havent been able to listen to music for several days on my phone and nothing seem to help. Tried everything and its starting to get really annoying as im paying for this..

edit; After reinstalling the app, it wont even start. Tried clearing the data etc but as soon as I click on the app, my screen goes black and it shuts down. Dont even get to the login screen or anything. 

Marked as solution

same problem as me.

One solution I've read about is this, might be worth a try:

1. Uninstall Spotify

2. Reboot Phone

3. Reinstall from the Market

4. Check "App Info" to verify there is no data and the app is not running

5. Run the app, it should prompt you to login; it worked for me at this point

Marked as solution

@user-removed wrote:

Try deleting the /sdcard/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui directory from the SD card. This will remove all your synced playlists, but it works for me every time (at least for a while)

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence
Marked as solution

It is worth noting that Spotify does not at present support ICS builds so this instability is likely to continue for the time bering even with quick fixes.

You might want to vote for my idea to get an ICS beta out ASAP:-

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Release-a-ICS-beta-Spotify/idi-p/37113 

Suggested posts