Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app redownload tracks switching cell off and tracks stopping

Solved!

Android app redownload tracks switching cell off and tracks stopping

First of all apologies if this has been mentioned before but after reading a large amount of comments I am at my wits end. I have a premium account, a desktop with the software installed with Win7 64bit. I also _for remote access - use an android cellphone. Currently getting a range of problems:

1. Some albums seem to repeatedly require downloading especvially if I switch wireless networks - some time 3-4 times a day. 

2. Some tracks stop for no reason at around 1:50 - the cellphone can be on and I can watch it come to a grinding halt around this time

3. Local music stored on my PC, turned into a playlist, appear on my cellphone but I cannot download them even though they are mp3's

4. Occasionally restarts my cell phone for no reason - although this may be more associated with my cell than the software

5. I always have two offline devices appear on my Offline devices on my account page, whenever I link my cellphone to my account

The phone I used was a samsung note 4 - this has since been returned to the shop for repair and I am now using a galaxy s3. I get the same problems with each phone.

I shall be hopefully following some of the instructions today to reinstall the software on my PC, reinstall the software on my cell and see if that makes any difference. I travel a lot and music helps - so for me, having an app where I have to spend more time maintaining rather than actually using is a good justification for cancelling my subscription. 

Any advice, directions to specific forum conversations outlining step by step guides or comments are appreciated in advance.

Kind regards, 

Kapitikarl

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So it looks like it was my SD card - for those having similar problems I suggest you try to check if your sd card has decided to breakdown.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Try the steps in this thread. Did you reboot your phone/take out the battery after uninstalling (and clearing cached data) and before reinstalling? That solves a lot of problems.

Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

I think I found the source of the problem - micro sd card has died. It even stopped my cellphones mic and earphone from working (I kid you not). Currently got my old phone back and doing a complete rebuild of it as a new device. Will see if spotify issues persist afterwards and report back either way.

Glad you got it figured!
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

Marked as solution

So it looks like it was my SD card - for those having similar problems I suggest you try to check if your sd card has decided to breakdown.

Suggested posts