Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

3G data turned off but still being used

Hi. This morning I set several albums to download ie make them offline. I was connected to my WiFi network. I thought it was strange when the third album got stuck at 16% then later I got an email from my telephone provider to say I'd used all my dat...

• Regular
  • Hi. This morning I set several albums to download ie make them offline. I was connected to my WiFi network. I thought it was strange when the third album got stuck at 16% then later I got an email fr...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • WiFi 3g download offline settings
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth volume too low from Galaxy S3

Streaming music to car audio via BT, very loud sound with CDs, FM, AM, USB stick on the car stereo, about half that via BT from the phone. Volume seems loud enough in headphones when connected to the phone. All volumes for sound are at max on the pho...

• Regular
  • Streaming music to car audio via BT,  very loud sound with CDs, FM, AM, USB stick on the car stereo,  about half that via BT from the phone.  Volume seems loud enough in headphones whe...
  • Dawilll
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Android bluetooth headset fast forward/rewind

Hi, Fast forward/rewind (hold next/previous) on my bluetooth headset doesn't seem to work in spotify, but it works great in for example the walkman app. Are there no support for ffw/rwd in Spotify for Android? If there is a way to fix it please tell ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   Fast forward/rewind (hold next/previous) on my bluetooth headset doesn't seem to work in spotify, but it works great in for example the walkman app. Are there no support for ffw/rwd in...
  • afurberg
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify Connect - Connect Tablet with Phone

Is it possible to connect my Android tablet with my Andorid phone via Spotify connect (and if not, when will this feature be available, as it seems to work with iPhone/iPad)? Unfortunately, there won´t appear a connect button. The two devices are con...

• Regular
  • Is it possible to connect my Android tablet with my Andorid phone via Spotify connect (and if not, when will this feature be available, as it seems to work with iPhone/iPad)?   Unfortunately...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Confused about premium

I just purchased premium. Can someone please explain how this works for my phone? I thought that if i got premium, I was able to go to one of my playlists and choose any song and listen to it. I am only able to "shuffle play" which makes me mad becau...

• Casual Listener
  • I just purchased premium.  Can someone please explain how this works for my phone?  I thought that if i got premium, I was able to go to one of my playlists and choose any song and listen t...
  • mattpalmerin
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Transfer Music from Phone to Computer

Hello, I just bought myself a new computer, and can immidiatly listen to all songs that are from Spotify on my newly downloaded Spotify application. However, I cannot listen to local files from my old computer on this one. Is there a way I can transf...

• Hello,   I just bought myself a new computer, and can immidiatly listen to all songs that are from Spotify on my newly downloaded Spotify application. However, I cannot listen to local files...
  • Kimisenling
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can the developers fix the bugs before adding new features?!

There are so many issues with the app. I don't need a new log in screen or anything fancy for now or the rest or the community. I've used spotify on an HTC One, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 and many other phones and they all are full of bugs.Bugs such as...

• Regular
  • There are so many issues with the app. I don't need a new log in screen or anything fancy for now or the rest or the community. I've used spotify on an HTC One, Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 and many othe...
  • guyalisha
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 2 likes

Radio problem

I'm using Spotify only on mobile and I love Spotify because of its radio function. But when I open Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd radios. It never plays these bands. Yes, it plays similar artists but I want to listen themselves.

• Regular
  • I'm using Spotify only on mobile and I love Spotify because of its radio function. But when I open Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd radios. It never plays these bands. Yes, it plays similar artists but I w...
  • incepted
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ability to sort your playlists is gone?

While ago i was able to sort my playlist with allkind of settings (recently added, artist name, song name etc), which was great! But then i updated my spotify to version 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3 and I cant do it anymore. Why is that? Also i've lost my shuf...

• Music Fan
  • While ago i was able to sort my playlist with allkind of settings (recently added, artist name, song name etc),  which was great! But then i updated my spotify to version 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3 and ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Keyboard entry closes when turned

When the search box is brought up, if the phone is accidentally turned to the point it switches into landscape mode, the application automatically closes the keyboard and search/text box. This can be annoying when trying to operate Spotify one handed...

• When the search box is brought up, if the phone is accidentally turned to the point it switches into landscape mode, the application automatically closes the keyboard and search/text box. This can be...
  • Liam
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Mercedes Benz A150 (MB Command) no playout

Hi all, I have a 2008 A150 and skype and normal telephone voice calls are fine over bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile. However Spotify doesn't playout over bluetooth. Is there anything I am missing? Has anyone had this same problem and would t...

• Regular
  • Hi all,   I have a 2008 A150 and skype and normal telephone voice calls are fine over bluetooth on my Samsung Galaxy S4 mobile. However Spotify doesn't playout over bluetooth. Is there anyth...
  • ck1125
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save to SD Card

Hi, My S4 has just updated to the latest version and now the data wont sync to the SD card. I can't even move the app to the SD card via the Application Manager. This is a fresh install of spotify. The SD card works fine. I have tried a factory reset...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   My S4 has just updated to the latest version and now the data wont sync to the SD card. I can't even move the app to the SD card via the Application Manager.   This is a fresh...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution current playing song disappears from bottom of screen and settings drop down

Heya, having some trouble with spotify, Hope someone can help, details are below.Thanks Aimee Please describe the problem:When listening to music (either downloaded or streaming) on my Galaxy S2, the current playing track section at the bottom of the...

• Roadie
  • Heya, having some trouble with spotify, Hope someone can help, details are below. Thanks Aimee   Please describe the problem: When listening to music (either downloaded or streaming) on ...
  • jerrawa
  • Roadie
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 1 likes

Authenticating too often?

We get no cell coverage at our house, or for the last hour of the drive home. I'd gotten used to starting Spotify, making sure it was playing, and i could head out the door to drive to town or go for a long walk, and I'd be fine. Now, it seems 10 min...

• Regular
  • We get no cell coverage at our house, or for the last hour of the drive home.   I'd gotten used to starting Spotify, making sure it was playing, and i could head out the door to drive to to...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify search not functioning

<->I have only just downloaded spotify on my Galaxy S4 and either cannot understand how to use the search function or it is not working. I have the latest version from the playstore, I have followed the guides to clear dta etc, turned phone off and b...

• Regular
  • <->I have only just downloaded spotify on my Galaxy S4 and either cannot understand how to use the search function or it is not working. I have the latest version from the playstore, I have fol...
  • AadmanZ
  • Music Fan
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

msgs

I have received a msg how do I reply thanks

• Casual Listener
  • I have received a msg how do I reply thanks
  • Joost2
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio effect not working on some songs and some playlist

I'm running kitkat 4.4.2 stock ROM on my nexus 4, Spotify 0.7.4.608.g206da179 Audio effect is not working on some songs and some playlist, seems really weird eh? Audio effect works on most of the songs in my old playlist (both streamed and stored for...

• Regular
  • I'm running kitkat 4.4.2 stock ROM on my nexus 4,   Spotify 0.7.4.608.g206da179   Audio effect is not working on some songs and some playlist, seems really weird eh?   Aud...
  • icedfiend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Data Stream Data Usage

Hi, I am hoping to get some help on this -- I've been using Spotify Premium for Android for the past 2 years and never had problems with the data usage over AT&T 4G... until recently. Last month, my phone used up a WHOPPING 5 GB of data and I am not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I am hoping to get some help on this -- I've been using Spotify Premium for Android for the past 2 years and never had problems with the data usage over AT&T 4G... until recently. ...
  • kevnst
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

radio plays each song twice in a row

Hi there ,while listening to a radio or a playlist , spotify plays each song twice in a row. version: 0.7.2.402 device : Galaxy s4 androind version : 4.2.2 samsung stock rom

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there , while listening to a radio or a playlist ,  spotify plays each song twice in a row.   version:  0.7.2.402 device : Galaxy s4 androind version : 4.2.2 samsung stoc...
  • rotman253
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not download my playlists!

I have recently upgraded to spotify premium and it has been working fine.. up until I got a new phone the other day. I have been trying to download my playlists for the last three days now! It will start to download them then shut off and say I have ...

• I have recently upgraded to spotify premium and it has been working fine.. up until I got a new phone the other day. I have been trying to download my playlists for the last three days now!   ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes