Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android app starts Shuffle all by itself

Android app starts Shuffle all by itself

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21 plus

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

I have an issue since a couple of days, that whenever I start any playlist or track that I have found and want to play.

Everytime when I select a track somewhere, the app starts to Shuffle the tracks. I want to play it in order of how it is sorted but it is constantly going on Shuffle by itself. When I turn it off and tap the Next button, it does not do this. When I go to another playlist, Shuffle is back on. 

I share a Duo account with my girlfriend and she has this same issue.

Is there a bug going on?

4 Replies

Hi there @MekzNL,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We're not sure if we're able to understand correctly what's going on with the Shuffle play feature for you and your girlfriend's profiles. To rule out if this isn't actually an expected behavior, could we ask you for a short video of the situation? Also is this happening for all songs/playlists you start or it happens only on particular ones, if the later is true, then please share with us the links to that content so we can take a closer look.

If you're using the big green button on a playlist's cover, then the shuffle mode would be expected. If you'd like to listen to the tracks in the order they appear in a playlist, then you should start the playback by taping on a song inside the playlist itself.

Hope this helps and clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is a new bug. Shuffle is automatically set to ON whenever I start spotify on Android and enter a playlist, shuffle is on.

Seems to have solved itself. But I'll keep checking it.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your replies and for confirming that it works for you.

@bosi - can you let us know which version of the app you're having?

Keep us posted 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts