Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

**** Android app users, take action! -- here's how... ****

**** Android app users, take action! -- here's how... ****

Everyone who is frustrated with the Spotify Android app, due either to its utter lack of quality or its utter lack of support, please consider taking the following two actions:

1.) File a report with the Better Business Bureau -- many reports have already been filed, and the company currently has an F rating.  The company is required to address these reports and attempt to resolve the issues contained within -- help send Spotify a message that their shoddy app and support will not be tolerated by paying users:

http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/mobile-apps/spotify-in-new-york-ny-127561

Be sure to detail specific bugs that prevent your effective use of the app and/or service -- there are many to pick from.  Also comment on the unresponsiveness of product support and the utter lack of communication and feedback.

2.) Contact Google Play and ask that Spotify be removed from "Top Developer" status -- start here:

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/static.py?hl=en&ts=2520903&page=ts.cs (Select "Other" to leave a custom message)

Make Google aware that Spotify does not deserve any such status or recognition, given their unresponsiveness to product support requests and their unreasonably long release cycle times.

Spotify is not a free service -- we pay to use this service and this app.  There is an expectation of quality that is not being met, and has not been met for well over a year, despite Spotify's continuous revenue stream from its Android users.  Let them know we are tired of waiting, and pressure them to hear the voice of their customers!

37 Replies

you've already put more time and energy into attacking me personally than i've put into attacking spotify.  i'm a senior software engineer with 15 years experience, and i've been involved in all phases of the develoment lifecycle, and i've worked for large and small companies.  but i won't use my experience to counter your argument about long release cycles -- that wouldn't be fair.  i'm not going to debate you -- you can keep attacking my ignorance.

Yes, I like having all my songs in on list like a collection.

Even if I sort all my music into playlists I would still have the same problem sense I can't sort all of my music after artist/album/song.

I have almost 500 different artists in my Winamp, If I did folders that worked like the sorting feture I would have a minimum 1500 different folders, sense I got more then one album of most of the artist it would be much more then 1500 folders.

The issue is not that you won't use your experience to counter my argument it's quite simply that you can't. Unless your experience was actually working for spotify in such a capacity....and obviously it's not.

If this is something that you're so passionate about, and you have so much experience - create your own application. Outline how much better it is than spotify. Get some investors and go get a slice of the pie since there's apparently so many people that are dissatisfied with the product.

Spotify isn't forcing you to pay for their service.

People have as much of a right to respond to your dissatisfactions with their own satisfactions as you do to make your assertions in the first place. And when they do you jump on the FANBOY wagon because they don't share in your plight.

OMFG you people are retarded! Learn how to think like a normal person or at least read what I wrote and don't make sh*t up.

No reason to respond to this, I will not return to this forum again.

j_dubb, here's my question - when rolling out a new update, shouldn't QA be testing everything that currently works to make sure that the new features didn't "break" something else?  If they did, I'm guessing the majority of new posters here in the past 2 weeks (such as myself), wouldn't even know this site existed. 

I have been promoting the greatness of Spotify to everyone I know since it was made available in the US.  Up until the most recent update I had no complaints.  But when there is a feature that many of us find critcial stops working, and the quality of customer service is far below par, you are going to get a lot of angry subscribers. 

Hey,

Spotify does not force to subscribe to service. If there is problems, you can think if those are big problems for you. But seriously Spotify does not steal money from you. It's your choose if you want to keep a subscribe after trial or not.

I think, there is no big problems for me with service. I'm not a fanboy., I'm just happy I can listen what I want with 10 € per month with those awesome apps. I'm a customer like you, not a employee or Spotify fanboy.

Please do not think Spotify is ignoring you, feedback is important. So keep it coming.

We wait to hear more from you in Community.

shut up.

Stop complaining. There is many satisfied customers around the world. Okey, just some bugs currently. But Spotify is working with those.

And yes, you can say shut up forever and ever here, you are better if you provide a helpful feedback to Spotify! So Spotify can improve service. Those shut up, go away from this thread etc. useless things aren't so good for Spotify.

Spotify is here and heared you loud an clear. But you can't provide a helpful info how it can be better service for you.

To stingray's credit he has provided plenty of feedback to the Spotify community - I believe it's his expectation of what Spotify is doing, how they're doing it, and the timeframe in which it's done, that's questionable.

idn't you only get your android phone like last week? 

If so then tell me how you think you have the right to tell anyone to shut about voicing their opinion? These problems with the spotify have been going on for months. The new designed app is an improvement over the other one for me personally. But the old one didn't even work for me without constantly crashing, just to show you how bad things have been. The new one is an improvement but it is still a long way off feature wise from where it should be for a for the resources spotify has to develop a good app.

We barely see any updates ever, basic features as save to SD card and landscape mode are missing. These are things which should be freaking easy to program and shouldn't take 3 months to implement. 

I think the spotify staff would come a long way if they would start an open beta programme so it would be easy for them to release incremental updates and gather feedback. Waze does this and it works great, it actually engages people to post their experience and improve the software for the people that want to, without hindering the people who download the normal app via the market.

Things are just taking a very long time now and people have a right to complain, although I wouldn´t go as far as to take legal action. I would just vote with my wallet..

Hey,

I have this redesigned app. I have also a Spotify cache on my External Micro SD card. 😉

So if you can't use or do not know how to use a External SD card with Spotify, do not complain, because it's possible. I store Spotify cache with this re-desgined app on my 32 GB External memory card.

However I suggest you to try Windows Phone Spotify app and then you can imagine what is this when app is full of bugs. The Android app works for me like a charm. Okey, I can't use it in landscape mode, but for me no need for landscape mode.

This app is just fine and works for me for my music listening purpose on the go via my Unlimited 0.5M mobile internet.

So I can listen Skrillex, Cascada, ItaloBrothers, Scooter and all stuff like this on the go and at home. With Extreme quality. You can't even purchase all songs in 320 kbps mp3 from music stores. In Spotify all songs (100%) are in 320 kbps OGG. So why I should complain? I get all those features in less than 10 € per month. And no need to purchase 256 kbps legal mp3 songs, record labels, really? They send these days still some songs in 256 kbps quality to music stores... Spotify is best,  all songs you need in 320 kbps and LEGALLY.

I know that it is possible to use a workaround to save to sd card, I have to do that stupid trick every single time I install a fresh ROM (which was a lot lately, darn jellybean!). 

The point is that this shouldnt have to be done! This should have been one of the first things implemented in an app that saves music to your phone to be able to play offline. You and I are able to go to the forums and look for a solution for the problem, but the normal customer will not want to do these kinds of things for a paid app nonetheless! Seeing how the workaround works makes it even more insulting since the functionality already seems to be there, it just needs to be set in a config file or something similar. 

I'm just saying that the support could be way better as it is currently, and that this is one area spotify really needs to work on. If you look at free apps, like Waze which I just mentioned. Which manage to deliver regular updates, beta programs, and real involvement into the community it is a shame that a subscription based app fails to deliver such service.ove 

Yes.

I can promise Spotify is working to add this option back.

However can't say more when this update will be out. Hopefully soon.

Please bear with Spotify, when company work hard with Android app to improve it. There is already so much cool things coming out in future to Spotify apps. Actually even this year Spotify release some of those cool things. Stay tuned! I promise, you do not want to miss those cool new features...

When Spotify bring something new, news will be added to Spotify blog. So keep an eye on the blog.

damunk - for an open beta see this thread http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Introduction-of-closed-Beta-testing-programme/idi-p/68...
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Gave it a +1

hpguru knows as much as the rest of us about new features and release dates - I.e. only what spotify state officially - I.e. only that the sd card storage feature will be back in the next release but not when that might be or what else it might contain
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

There is a official post about those coming updates from Spotify. Stay tuned!

I for one am glad that I registered for Spotify when it was possible without Facebook and without time limits. Spotify is totally worth the 10€ every month. I listen to Spotify ~12 hrs / day or more. I listen to Spotify when I'm at work, when I'm driving in my car, when I get home, when I go to sleep.

Having an app for iPad+Droid+Windows - I'm happy. All the apps work for me. I never had serious problems with the software. Haven't caused mysterious BSODS or crashes or anything. Droid app was a bit of a let down when the new version arrived, since few features I needed were cut off, but I bought few 3rd party softwares to provide me the same functionality and I'm happy again.

Wife's got the 2.5h/week limitation and tied to facebook - I don't like it, she doesn't like it, but still there isn't a better system around. If Spotify would allow people to register to be using Spotofy credentials it would be great and give discount on familys for Premium, I'd get a second one for the wife.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Suggested posts