Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app wakes the phone screen while locked

Solved!

Android app wakes the phone screen while locked

Specs: Moto G 4g XT 1040, Android Lollipop 5.01.
Bluetooth headset Motorola S03 paired, and set as trusted (bypasses lock screen PIN prompt when connected). Spotify Premium.

Latest update wakes my phone and bypasses the lock screen when playing "next song".
If this happens in my pocket, random taps on whatever notifications in the lock screen occur (for example, a gibberish reply to whatever new e-mail arrives).
If there was an option to keep Spotify from waking the screen up, it would be appreciated. When this changed, it's uncertain, but I didn't detect it before...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So, after fiddling a little more around Display settings, I found yet another workaround, turn off "Ambient display" to prevent notifications (for all apps) from waking the screen up. The plus for this is that it leaves the screen off until the wake button is pressed, and all notification are there, even Spotify's snap-in with artist/song/album art.
I'd still like to have an option within Spotify for managing it without recurring to an outside trick.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey there, 

You can long tap the Spotify bar in the notification and press the i icon, then select block notification. Hope that helps

Screenshot_2016-02-19-00-26-26.png
Screenshot_2016-02-19-00-27-22.png

Thank you for the workaround. Although I'm using a similar approach (block sensitive info from showing), the one you mentioned is also valid, however, it completely hides the app status.
I'd love to have an accredited staff member to chime in and have it fixed, instead (after all, they gettin' paid for it). It wasn't doing that and now it does.
Best regards,
keijo

Haha Keijo, you're welcome. Rock on :3

Marked as solution

So, after fiddling a little more around Display settings, I found yet another workaround, turn off "Ambient display" to prevent notifications (for all apps) from waking the screen up. The plus for this is that it leaves the screen off until the wake button is pressed, and all notification are there, even Spotify's snap-in with artist/song/album art.
I'd still like to have an option within Spotify for managing it without recurring to an outside trick.

Suggested posts