Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app won't launch

Android app won't launch

When i launch the Spotify app, i get a dark grey screen for 5 sec, after this the app seems to be loading but that just add the background of the search bar and it's crash

I've done none update before this issue. I've already tried to clear the cache and to uninstall Spotify. I had to redownload all my 900 songs and after i closed the app, the app doesn't load. Thanks for your help 🙂

Plan

Premium

Country

France

Device

Huawei Mate S

Operating System

Android 6

My Question or Issue

App Spotify doesn't load. Do you have a solution ?

Screenshot_2018-06-09-22-51-58.png
Screenshot_2018-06-09-22-52-03.png
17 Replies

Samsung note 8, same problem

the app works fine if i didn't download my main playlist (i have my own music from local storage), this is the only playlist that i downloaded, there around 750 songs in it

after i download the playlist, it will crash when i closed the app and restart it

after i clear data, the app is working again, but need to re-login and all the downloaded music is gone

i've tried to download the playlist again, same issue happened, i'm guessing it's related to downloading the playlist/songs

this issue happended since 8 june 2018, i noticed there's an update to the spotify app a day before

I'm having the exact same issue on my Samsung s6 edge and so is my mate on his Samsung s6. I've had to reinstall and redownload over 3000 songs 3 times now. This issue only started just less than a week ago. Please fix ASAP it is really annoying. 

Having the same problem, reinstalling for the fourth time this week. They need to get this big of an issue fixed yesterday.

Tengo el mismo problema, la pantalla se queda en **bleep**, no carga nada la app, soy premium y no la puedo usar. 

Screenshot_2018-06-17-01-15-35-912_com.spotify.music.png

Same here. Don't know what I paid Premium for, can't even use it.

I've got the solution you need to download your music not on your SD card but on your internal memory

Same problem. I also store my songs on external storage. I thought this causes the issue. Because long time ago when i stored it on internal there wasn't any problem. It is just so annyoing. Everything works fine and when I just want to play a song this comes up and it disappoints.

Screenshot_20180624-001925.jpg

LG V30

I have exactly same problem. It's freaking annoying. Can't do anything.

Screenshot_2018-06-24-00-28-42.png

I have the same problem 

When spotify don't work i recomend SoundCloud 

I have this problem to 

I recomend using the SoundCloud app instade

Same problem here, I have a Oneplus5. Fkn outrageous, get this fixed now!! 

Screenshot_20180624-010159.jpg

Hey everyone!

Sorry to hear you're still having this issue.

This should've been fixed on the latest Spotify version, so please make sure it's up to date.

If you're sure the app is updated to version 8.4.57, and this is still happening, head to Settings > Apps > Find Spotify > Storage > Clear Data. Then, tap Uninstall. After that, try installing the app again, and see if it'll make a difference.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hey guys, I figured it out (but you may not like it...)

Go to "apps">"Spotify">"storage">"clear data".

This will delete everything you have saved so best to put into playlists so you can download it again. You will also have to log back in... 

Hope this helps 😉

Samsung 8+ exact same issue!

I had the same problem on 2 different devices on the same trip, traveling from EU to USA. The app worked fine in the US for 3 days until I closed it, at which point it didn't start again (grey screen). Removing cache didn't work, but deleting data did. Version 8.4.57.803

It isn't "fixed in latest update!" I'm up to date on Galaxy S8 and am having the same problem. This is a pretty huge deal. Sure I can fix it by clearing data, but it's a pain to redownload several thousand songs few times a week. As a paying Spotify premium member: please fix!!

Hey folks!

I understand the frustration.

Just to confirm, does the grey screen comes back up after following the previous steps to clear the data and reinstalling Spotify?

Please give it a shot and let us know if the issue comes back.

Cheers.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Suggested posts