Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android download playlist

Solved!

Android download playlist

OK, I'm stumped.  I have a premium subscription, but I just cannot get the majority of songs on my playlist to download to my Android device (v7 - Nougat) no matter what I do.  I've given permissions, I've made sure I have way more than enough storage, I've cleared memory and caches, deleted the device from offline devices in my account, uninstalled and re-installed, and it just keeps wanting to only download 10 or so of the 81 songs in the playlist.  And it's my ONLY playlist!

What's left???

Anyone??

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks, but obviously I did that long before posting.And this was happening across not just ONE device, but TWO.  In exactly the same way.  ANd whether I was wifi connected or cell-connected.

Anyway, I contacted support directly.  Got 1 person off the bat who was actually engaged and asking intelligent questions.  That person seemed to go off-shift, however, and then I ended up with **bleep** who just sent the same kind of boilerplate troubleshooting **bleep**.  Not that surprising, if still disappointing.

Now, HERE's the interesting thing that ended up happening though:

The only thing that the people after the first support person asked me to check that actually ended up having a result was that they asked me to go to my desktop client on my win10 machine and get the URI of the playlist.  So, sure, no problem.  Did that.  But, when I did, all of a sudden 1 of the devices that was stubbornly displaying this behaviour that was powered on spontaneously began downloading all the remaining tracks!  And Spotify was even running!  Well, not in the visible foreground anyway.  It appears Spotify must be running some sort of webhooks or background process all the time even when it's not launched in the foreground.

So, I started the other device and as soon as it could in the startup process it also began downloading all the remaining tracks that wouldn't download previously.

Obviously this was pretty surprising as I hadn't read ANYTHING that would have clued me in to even attempting this as a "fix".  So, I asked support.  They chose to not even attempt to address the question.  Rather, they just spewed even more brain-dead, boilerplate **bleep** about checking my router for drops and so on that I could easily get through a web search even if I was blind (again, not surprising, but even more disappointing).

NOTE that the win 10 desktop isn't even on my wifi network that the adndroid devices were connected to, it's hardline connected!

How's THAT for an undocumented fix!!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks.  However, as mentioned in my post, I've done multiple clean uninstalls and reinstalls with device restarts in between and clearing the Spotify cache before uninstall and again after reinstall and so on.  NONE of that has helped.  It just stubbornly has the exact same behaviour.

I'm new to Spotify, but, so far, seems like one of the crappiest apps I've ever encountered and they have NO technical support!

Anyway, as to versions:

Spotify:  8.4.64.55

Android Kernel version:  3.8.31

Android Build:  NRD90U

Android software:  H83120e

Hello, thanks for replying!

You can try to set offline mode and then put it back to normal. Let me know if that helps. Otherwise you can check this support article. If that still doesn't work make sure to reply and I'll think of something else.

Keep me posted, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Marked as solution

Thanks, but obviously I did that long before posting.And this was happening across not just ONE device, but TWO.  In exactly the same way.  ANd whether I was wifi connected or cell-connected.

Anyway, I contacted support directly.  Got 1 person off the bat who was actually engaged and asking intelligent questions.  That person seemed to go off-shift, however, and then I ended up with **bleep** who just sent the same kind of boilerplate troubleshooting **bleep**.  Not that surprising, if still disappointing.

Now, HERE's the interesting thing that ended up happening though:

The only thing that the people after the first support person asked me to check that actually ended up having a result was that they asked me to go to my desktop client on my win10 machine and get the URI of the playlist.  So, sure, no problem.  Did that.  But, when I did, all of a sudden 1 of the devices that was stubbornly displaying this behaviour that was powered on spontaneously began downloading all the remaining tracks!  And Spotify was even running!  Well, not in the visible foreground anyway.  It appears Spotify must be running some sort of webhooks or background process all the time even when it's not launched in the foreground.

So, I started the other device and as soon as it could in the startup process it also began downloading all the remaining tracks that wouldn't download previously.

Obviously this was pretty surprising as I hadn't read ANYTHING that would have clued me in to even attempting this as a "fix".  So, I asked support.  They chose to not even attempt to address the question.  Rather, they just spewed even more brain-dead, boilerplate **bleep** about checking my router for drops and so on that I could easily get through a web search even if I was blind (again, not surprising, but even more disappointing).

NOTE that the win 10 desktop isn't even on my wifi network that the adndroid devices were connected to, it's hardline connected!

How's THAT for an undocumented fix!!

Hello @ariaconsulting

I'm not sure how that worked, but I'm glad it's running smoothly now, let me know if you have any other questions.

Happy listening, Jose 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

Suggested posts