Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android thinks spotify stores songs on internal storage eventhogh they are stored on a SD-Card

Solved!

Android thinks spotify stores songs on internal storage eventhogh they are stored on a SD-Card

Plan

Premium

Country
Germany

Device

(Samsung Galaxy A5 2015)

Operating System

(Android 7.0)

My Question or Issue:

So, my internal storage is running out of space and for several month i tried to delete all unimportant data but i am now at a point where my own data is less than 1,5 GB and the rest is used by apps.

I always stored my songs from Spotify on my SD card but the same amount of storage on the SD card is used on the internal storage (see attachments) which should not occur. I tried reinstallang, delting the chache and all data, looking up the files using developer mode but could not manage to find any folders, data or solutions that would help me with my problem.

This could also be just a diplayiing issue but one that even my android system thinks is true. And now i am sick of working arround 3,6 GB of unusable storage because of such an issue.

On other websites i found some people who seemed to have a similar problem but apperently could ignore it or had enogh spare space to do so.

Additonal Info:

Under Storage > Android > Data > .com.spotify.music the files and chache folder are empty where as on the sd card the files folder contains data.

I also installed a data clening app that is not the one from the phone and it also could not find any more data to be deleted. I am all out of storage now. I sometimes cant even transfer my pictures or videos to the sd card from the galery and have to manually transfer them from folder to folder.

I would very much appriciate any help i cant get so i do not have to buy a new phone with more internal storage just to use more than a few apps on my phone and beeing able to store pictures for more then a week.

Screenshot_20201231-123908.png
Screenshot_20201231-123956.png
Screenshot_20201231-123828.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Emanthes,

Thank you for your post and explanation here in the Community.

Can you try to perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Tried it,

does not work because spotofy is not the issue. It is Android that shows false storage information and apperntly occupies 12GB/16GB of my internal storage. (After uninstalling Spotify my storage count did not go down 3,6GB as it would have if there were any files). So the thing i have to do but won't do is a factory reset of my mobile device.

So yea, thank you for the fast reply and we can see this problem as solved for spotify but not solved for me.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @Emanthes,

Thank you for your post and explanation here in the Community.

Can you try to perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app.

Keep us posted. We're always one reply away.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

Tried it,

does not work because spotofy is not the issue. It is Android that shows false storage information and apperntly occupies 12GB/16GB of my internal storage. (After uninstalling Spotify my storage count did not go down 3,6GB as it would have if there were any files). So the thing i have to do but won't do is a factory reset of my mobile device.

So yea, thank you for the fast reply and we can see this problem as solved for spotify but not solved for me.

Suggested posts