Android wear 2.0 - Connection failed error

My watches: Mobvoi´s Ticwatch E

Problem: After start Spotify app writes me "Connection failed" 😞

I hope you will repair this error 😉

PS: Knows anyone how to fix it?

Thanks,

Michal Kulhanek

32 Replies

Wait so to "answer" the request they reference a 4-year-old statement?

In 4 years has no one at Spotify been back to revisit the issue.

Someone must have done something in that time because an app was built and published for Wear

Me too! Huawei Watch 2

Why does the major issues people have, are things Spotify seems to ignore for a few years, until someone brings up a d*** petition???? I have read MULTIPLE articles online to try to figure this same issue out, as I have been doing all I can to try to link my Spotify account to my TicWatch E. When I open the app on my Pixel 2, and the smartwatch at the same time, it's a huge issue and incovienence, as the app crashes. Totally unusable, and indefinitely annoying that I cannot locate ANY solution, and Spotify has been of no help, just like the case with the Xbox one Version (which, mind you, took almost 6 years to finally come out)! Totally disgusts me, and I more than likely won't be renewing my Premium account soon.

What i did is I quit using Spotify in favour of google music play.
All is working there even content seems to be better plus no adds in youtube if you subscribe for music play 🙂

Good luck with fixing Spotify. 😉

I can't believe this still hasn't been fixed!

I still have this issue with my LG Watch Style/Pixel 2. The app won't even open up! I don't care about offline listening on the watch, all I want is to be able to use it while it's connected to my wifi.

I solved the problem by installing a BETA version released in Feb 14.
Take a look at: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/spotify-ltd/spotify/spotify-8-4-41-785-release/

Now the app works fine on my EA Wear 2

if the beta apk works, why has nobody from Spotify told us about it?  In fact, why has nobody from Spotify replied to this thread?  Terrible customer service.

True the latest update/beta does provide some very basic functionality. A step in the right direction but still seems to be behind competition.

For example:

No stand alone or offline playback support for watches with speakers and/or data connections.

Sound cannot play through watch speaker (if the watch has one obviously) even if connected to a phone.

Google Music can do both of these by comparison....

Happy we have a least some basic support back for Android Wear though. 

You cannot compare it with Google Music.

Personaly for me Google Music is way superior. It is runing in its own fully supported envirnomnet and with a bigger music library.
On top if you are in US or UK you get youtube ads off.

Same problem...

My watches: Mobvoi´s Ticwatch E

Problem: After start Spotify app writes me "Connection failed" 😞

I hope someone can help me 🙂

Had the same problem, clearing the app data on the watch fixed the problem for me. (Settings - apps - Spotify - app info). /Ulrik (polar m600)

Suggested posts