Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Another update, another failure to resolve THE fundamental issue.

Another update, another failure to resolve THE fundamental issue.

Astonishing,  Another update and yet another failure to actually get your app working on JB for more than 1 song at a time...in fact, this update is a step backward from the last one (which was still woeful).

Do you have any form of formal QA/testing department or are your paying customers it?

EDIT: sincere apologies for having a go at your programmers, I appreciate they no doubt have internal pressures to work against, and are working hard. However someone, somewhere within your organisation really really really needs to take a hold of these complaints and fix them. You've a lot of competition nowadays and you're in danger of being the MySpace of the music streaming community even in your natural strongholds unless you wake up and address these issues.

5 Replies

Hi,

The products are tested I believe; however the main testing is that they roll out the update slowly to see if users like it before a global release. I think they could do with a beta release channel personally, but anyway!

Anthony 🙂
This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I can appreciate testing isn't straightforward, and that they want to do it in a progressive fashion, however the "no internet connection" issue is pretty fundamental to the whole app in itself.

(I do want to reiterate my apologies to the Spotify technical staff; it was a tongue in cheek comment born of frustration at seeing a problem seemingly being ignored yet again.)

According to what I read in the Google Play release notes, the latest release  fixes NOTHING, but does give you the ability to use Spotify on Android platforms localized in Traditional Chinese and International Spanish languages.

Version: 0.5.13.63

Updated: April 15, 2013

Fair enough, although the cynic in me would doubt they'll ever admit to or acknowledge this being an issue (since it doesn't appear they have so far, though I'm happy to be proven wrong), just fix it on the sly without mentioning it in the release notes.

Curious that those updates have made the no internet connection much worse again. 

Don't get me wrong, I too wish Spotify would do bug fix releases, rather than just add more language translations.  With my issues on trying to download songs and getting a "no space left" where I have gigabytes of free internal and external storage, and your issues, and all other users desperate for landscape mode support - this latest release seemed rather trivial to me.

Suggested posts