Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App Crashes whenever I press the options (3 dots) button on any music.

Solved!

App Crashes whenever I press the options (3 dots) button on any music.

Plan

Premium

Country

Brasil

Device

Umidigi A5 Pro

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Whenever I press the 3 dots button to share a music for example the app crashes immediately (the menu doesn't even render) it happens on any type of connection, on any music and has been happening since the end of last year for me, I've been updating the app regularly and regularly sending crash reports.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, @Taquarinha 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

We are already conscious about this issue and we've opened an Ongoing Issue thread where users who are experiencing this bug can give us more information about it. Spotify tech team is working on a solution for it, and it will be available as soon as possible. I know that it can seem frustrating, but I ask for your patience and collaboration.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, @Taquarinha 
Welcome to Spotify Community and thanks for reaching out here!

We are already conscious about this issue and we've opened an Ongoing Issue thread where users who are experiencing this bug can give us more information about it. Spotify tech team is working on a solution for it, and it will be available as soon as possible. I know that it can seem frustrating, but I ask for your patience and collaboration.

If you have any other further questions or need more help, let me know! I'd love to help!

Best Regards,
hezorg

LuanSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

been happening to me for years, tried everything to no avail, Spotify isn't even trying to fix this 

Hey @ziggylol,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

We recommend that you perform some basic troubleshooting steps like restarting your phone and performing a clean reinstall. This helps in most situations with similar issues.

If it doesn't fix thing, it's possible that you're also experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue that @Luan posted. We'd appreciate it if you leave a comment there with the info requested in the Status Update, the more examples we gather, the quicker our developer team can work out a solution.

It's a good idea to also subscribe to the thread, that way you'll be up to speed with any news on the matter.

Hope this helps and thanks in advance!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Has been happening to me for a long while now 

Updated app

Updated my phone 

I have even downloaded many previous versions hoping an older one would not have this bug but still crashes.

I mean the app it's beside this bug works fine but immediately on clicking the menu button top right or try say adding a song to play next or into a playlist

That dam loading circular symbol turns up and you know you need to completely close and restart the app to resume.

The time Iv spent wishfully hoping watching that circle . . .

All you can do is like a song and use your like playlist as a playlist 

Thank god your able to do this or you would have lost many users 

Iv just factory reset my mobile

And sadly it still happens 

Sent many crash reports 

I have same problem.

MY DEVICE: Umidigi A5 Pro

My Device:

Umidigi A5 Pro

Ever since I've owned this device the same issue has been a constant for me too...
I did see that the issue has been solved on some devices but its been years and no update regarding Umidigi A5 Pro...
Considering unsubscribing if this issue continues to be unsolved!

Suggested posts