Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App constantly crashing

App constantly crashing

Running Android 13, the app will constantly crash (sometimes multiple times per song!) whenever using other apps or when the screen is off. Issue happens most when connected with Bluetooth but has also happened when just playing it from my phone. It's a Motorola G Stylus 2023 model, however, the issue persisted across phone upgrades. I have a premium account and the songs are downloaded, so it shouldn't be a data issue. App version is 8.9.22.539. This has been an issue for a very long time. It also has a habit of clearing my queued songs when these crashes happen.
5 Replies

Seems like you're having an issue worth investigating.

You should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue. 🙂
osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

This did not help, I'm still having the exact same issue.

Hey @Mousestar369

Thanks for reaching out! Let's look at this together shall we. 

You mentioned that the quick reinstall didn't prove useful. Does the same problem occur with other streaming apps? Try logging into your account on a friend or relatives device to see if the issue persists there as well.

Also, it's worth mentioning to clear your cached data, if you haven't already. You can follow steps on how to do so through our article on the matter.

Hope this helped out, keep us posted. 

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I've tried clearing the cache, no effect. I don't use any other streaming apps in the way I use Spotify (screen off or on something else) but it doesn't seem to happen with them. It doesn't affect other devices logged into my account (my laptop or various tvs, for example).

Hey there @Mousestar369,

Thanks for your reply and for all the info shared.

From what you kindly mentioned, this seems to be related to your mobile device. In that sense, there are some additional steps we'd like you to try:

• Do you use any cache-clearing or task-killing apps? Take into account that these apps can affect the performance of the app. We suggest setting up Spotify as an exception for those.
  • Open your account on a different mobile device to see if you can replicate it. If possible, you can ask for the mobile device of a relative or a friend to open your account there and check.

On another note, there is some additional info we'd like to gather:

• Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.
  • What's the exact Spotify version you are running on your device as per today?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts