Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify app on the Galaxy Watch 4 keeps deleting and redownloading all my offline songs

Spotify app on the Galaxy Watch 4 keeps deleting and redownloading all my offline songs

Plan  Premium

Country UK

Device

Galaxy Watch 4

Operating System

Wear OS

My Question or Issue

Over the last few days the Spotify app keeps on clearing my playlists of all its downloaded offline tracks. I then have to redownload all over again only for the app to delete them all again. I have deleted and reinstalled the Spotify app on my watch and the problem still persists. It has basically become unusable in offline mode. 

It has to be said that Spotify can be very buggy on the Galaxy watch which is disappointing and at times frustrating as the mobile app works without issues.

Please can you fix this. 

5 Replies

It's the same issue for me since June 9th, 2022

I have restarted, reinstalled, and even reset my Galaxy Watch 4 but still my downloaded songs keep deleting.

Spotify version on Android: 8.7.36.923

Watch software: Wear OS 3.2

Watch model: SM-R870

Screenshot_20220612-202002_Galaxy Watch4 Manager.jpg

Just done it again. This is getting very frustrating. How do you report bugs to Spotify? 

The new update seems to be working for me.

After 12hrs, I haven't had to download my playlists again. 

Spotify version: 8.7.38.663

Screenshot_20220614-053411_Google Play Store.jpg

I had to download music to my YouTube Music app because of this unreliability. That app is really bad, and it's sad that Tidal doesn't offer an app anymore on the Galaxy Watches; this issue made me realize that I must have personal music files again.

I agree, Spotify is really poor on the wearables. This isn't the first time I have had issues with the ap. No excuses from Spotify on this one, they need to invest mere time and perfect it. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for your posts here in the Community. Let's take a closer look into this.

To start with, can you check so that you're running the latest OS?

If you're running the latest OS and still experiencing this, can you reinstall Spotify to see if the issue persists?

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts