Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S22 and Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android

Version
My Question or Issue

After updating the latest version of Spotify, the app started to crash seconds after startup. First did a "clean reinstall" and the app worked, but then downloaded my main playlist I listen to and it seemed to still work when it only downloaded non locally downloaded songs. After syncing to my Windows computer and downloaded the local songs, the crashes would start again. Did some more reinstalls and sometimes the app would work with all of the playlist downloaded, but after keeping the app closed for a few hours, it would just start constantly crashing again. The locally downloaded songs on the playlist have been on there for a few years now so it shouldn't have been by some recently corrupted song.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @ashwood807,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in 2 times in a row? It's also a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us your phone's Spotify and OS versions and if it works well when you try streaming a playlist that you haven't downloaded?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @ashwood807,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in 2 times in a row? It's also a good idea to try clearing your cache to remove any old files that might be causing issues.

If that doesn't do it for you, could you let us your phone's Spotify and OS versions and if it works well when you try streaming a playlist that you haven't downloaded?

We'll be on the lookout for your answer and we'll see what we can suggest next.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts