Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

App freezes but still plays music

App freezes but still plays music

I have a Galaxy S7, and lately my Spotify app has been acting up. Every once in a while the entire app itself will freeze, but it'll still be playing music. The pull-down from the notification bar will display whatever song was on previously, and I can't skip or pause the song. Trying to swipe the bar away doesn't work either. If I try to open up the app, all I get is a black screen. Closing out the app doesn't do anything. The music still plays and the pull-down is still there. The only way to make it stop is by restarting my phone. I'm not sure why it's doing this or how to fix it. Help??
23 Replies

I have the same problem. I have to Force Shutdown the application and then restart it again. But lately my app is very very slow. Like, the search engine takes FOREVER! Even the home folder is incredibly slow. Never had this issue before, it occured last week or so.

Is this an update malfunction?

O, I have a Samsung S6.

I've been having the same issue on PC for a couple of weeks now too 😞

I'm running version 1.0.45.186.g3b5036d6 on Windows 10.

Also have this problem...Spotify has done NOTHING to try to reach out to people they know are effected by this. My whole phone freezes for several minutes...Your app could soon be responsible for keeping somone from making an emergency phone call...Might want to do something before that happens...

I have the same issue in my Samsung Galaxy 8+ It's very annoying because it also looks that Spotify makes my phone slower and doesn't run smoothly. I hve already re installed the app but the issue remains. How can I fix this? 

Suggested posts