Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App freezes up whilst playing downloaded playlist

App freezes up whilst playing downloaded playlist

Your app has once again gone into whirl mode where I simply go to play a downloaded playlist, it freezes during playback and refuses to show me my playlists.

I'm only asking for your app to understand its MOST BASIC FEATURE WHICH IS DOWNLOADED PLAYLISTS. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE SPOTIFY ON ANDROIDS AND WHY WE PAY FOR PREMIUM

2 Replies

This has been happening regularly and seems to be associated with a faulty download, which seems strange as it seems to happen when a downloaded track makes its way from my CurrentWeekly to my NMTop100 playlist and both always remain downloaded.

The track gets "stuck" in playback and causes everything to freeze.

That I cannot refresh a download on a single track is your biggest **bleep**. Just let me force re-download a single track and remove the old cached version and the issue will go away.

Allowing me to recognise the filename within the cache by not encrypting it in a ridiculous way would help too.

I don't want to refresh my entire cache when I'm not in a suitable place to do so, i.e. not at home.

Once again this issue is BEING IGNORED.

STOP IGNORING THIS.

It might be fixed by this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Remove-songs-albums-from-cache/idc-p/1633120#M38816

If I could remove the "stuck" songs it could reload them.

If I could identfy what file in the cache relates to what song that might be possible too.

Suggested posts