Premium Family

Country

Ireland

Device

Samsung Galaxy Watch 3

Operating System

Tizen 5.5.0.1

My Question or Issue

In offline mode songs will not play despite following all instructions, downloading from WiFi whilst disconnected from phone, playing in standalone and offline mode.

I have deleted and reinstalled the app several times. It will work for a few hours but then stop again. Sometimes it will only play some songs and freeze on others. Fulls of bugs.

Is there a fix for this or a scheduled update?? 

4 Replies

Hey there @robmcwilliams

Help’s here!

Keep in mind we're currently investigating a similar Ongoing Issue with Galaxy Active 2 that you might want to check out. Take a look at this thread and add your vote by clicking on the +VOTE button. Make sure you follow the steps under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to Subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

I am also experiencing these issues.

I bought my galaxy watch 3 (and galaxy watch active before it) so that I could listen to music while running without bringing my phone. I have noticed that these issues have existed on many Samsung watches, but Spotify does not appear to want to fix them. I am considering dropping Spotify as a result, as Tidal is also available on the Galaxy Watch 3. 

All I want to do is leave my phone at home when I go for a run. How is it so difficult for Spotify to play music that is downloaded to the device?

Hey there @cbradmiller,

Thanks for posting on this thread and welcome to the Community!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue, but no worries, we're happy to help.

We know that you already tried reinstalling the app, but can you make sure to follow these specific steps for a clean reinstall? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you try factory resetting your watch?

We'd also like to know if this is only affecting your offline content on the watch or if there're also any issues when your phone is connected to it.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

This is a little late but I'm putting this out here in case anyone else experiences this problem. Before you download anything from Spotify, make sure you have more than 4GB used up. You can do this by installing more apps. Once you just pass the 4GB threshold, then download all your songs and play offline. This is a strange behaviour that Samsung and/or Spotify need to fix and it should be pretty simple if you ask me.

Suggested posts