Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App on google playstore corrupted my SD card

Solved!

App on google playstore corrupted my SD card

I downloaded the Spotify app from the Google Playstore on my Xperia Phone,
As i do so, my Sandisk SD card became corrupt and had to be wiped to fix this, will this happen again in the future? i lost alot of photos and app data so this has been extemely frustating. 

If there is a problem with the Sandisk SD cards and the spotify app, there should be a warning before downloading.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

Spotify cannot access your sd card as everything by Spotify is stored locally in the internal storage as well as downloaded music. Unless you have tried to move the app to the SD card.

Regards,

Hey_Papito

Regards,
JamesHelps | Festive VIP & Spotify Expert

If this post has solved your issue - Please click 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.

If I have helped you - Please like it.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hi. I haven't heard of any sandisk specific problems with spotify but I'm a bit confused. If all you did was download spotify from Play, where would your SD card come into it. The app would download to internal storage and installatition would also be to internal storage. At what point did your SD card get corrupted?

Marked as solution

Hi there,

Spotify cannot access your sd card as everything by Spotify is stored locally in the internal storage as well as downloaded music. Unless you have tried to move the app to the SD card.

Regards,

Hey_Papito

Regards,
JamesHelps | Festive VIP & Spotify Expert

If this post has solved your issue - Please click 'ACCEPT AS SOLUTION'.

If I have helped you - Please like it.

Your SanDisk SD card is the item with an issue, contact them because Spotify is all internal and doesn't have SD card Access. Are you sure that is all you downloaded, was an update or other app possibly installed?

Hi Thanks for all the replys everyone 🙂 

What happened to me:
1. Opened up google play
2. Searched for Spotify
3. Pressed Install

At this point my phone froze for 30-60 seconds, and the phone restarted itself. When the phone had started back up again i had a notifcation that told me that my SD card was corrupted.

The app did download after the start up, but i did not need to revisist Google Play Store (it just had a continued download feature thing). After the app was installed it had no issues and appears to work just fine.

After thinking about it(and reading the posts), I think it may be more of an issue with Google Play Store, or could have been a one off issue.

I have been having the same issue, using Samsung Evo and Lexar cards in my phone. This app is notorious for corrupting phones' memory cards and the developers don't seem to care, since I have notified them on the review section on the Play Store, but update after update, my card keeps getting corrupted. Whoever ends up reading this, please also write about this issue in the reviews section of this app and remember to leave a bad rating! I, and many others are tired of our phones being constantly slowed down because of this app corrupting our memory cards! We have to do something about this! One bad review on this matter will not get their attention, but many of them will!

This app is notorious for corrupting people's memory cards. There are many posts on here, with people complaining about this issue. Most move Spotify's files to their memory card, since that is the only way for their offline music to be stored on it.

Suggested posts