Premium

Country

Philippines 

Device

(Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro)

Operating System

(Android Oreo, MIUI 9.5)

My Question or Issue

Sometimes Spotify Android app randomly removes songs from "Songs". I haven't created any additional playlists. The songs aren't blocked, because I can add it back from search. I haven't noticed any suspicious activity on my account yet, all my devices with Spotify installed are password protected.

So, I have no idea how to solve or reproduce it.

3 Replies

Hey @spocust.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Do you think you might have reached the limit for saving music? You can only save up to 10.000 songs in your Library. You can read more about this here.

Be sure you are logging into the same account across all your devices as well.

Let us know what you can find. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Hi @Guido.

Thanks for a reply.

I'm relatively newbie in Spotify, my library has only around 50 tracks, so I couldn't reach the limit for saving music.

Recently, I checked up connected devices to my account - no reason to worry about.

Still searching for a solution. Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day.

Hey there @spocust,

Thanks for getting back in touch with these details.

Just to confirm, does this happen only on your mobile device? 

If so, we'd suggest first making sure of the following:

• Your mobile device is up to speed with the latest software/firmware updates available.
  • Check the app is up-to-date.
  • Your device should have at least 250MB available memory (you may want to remove any unnecessary files and apps).
  • Spotify is set as an exception for any battery optimization or cache clearing apps.
  • If possible, try it with a different WiFi/ 3G/ 4G network. If it works with another connection, we recommend contacting the service provider of the original network for more information.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend trying a quick reinstall of the app by following the steps here.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts