Premium

Country

Netherland

Device

Galaxy S8, Xiaomi Mi Box S, Nubia Z17S Mini

Operating System

(Android Pie, Andoid TV 😎

My Question or Issue

Xiaomi Mi Box S supports Chromecast built in. Every time when I want to cast music from any mobile device (also tried iPhone), spotify shows up on the screen but it rapidly skips through all the numbers of an album or playlist. This cannot be stopped and sometimes a snip of a song is heard. 

Spotify connect does work perfectly. I do prefer using the casting method becase that can wake on lan. For spotify connect I need to turn on my tv and open the app. 

I have all the most recent updates installed.  The Xiaomi Box is connected through LAN and the mobile devices via Wireless N 5ghz WIFI.

Looking forward to any insights. 

3 Replies

Hey @boudewijn1985.

Thanks for getting in touch.

Let's start with a quick reinstallation first. You can find the instructions here. We hope that fixes the issue. If it doesn't, could you try a friend or family members account? That way we can find out if it's device or account related.

Looking forward to your reply.

Have a nice day!

Hi Guido, 

Thanks for the answer. I did a complete factory reset of the Andriod TV itself. Did a complete reinstall of the Spotify app as well. 

Also I tested on an Iphone with my girlfriends account. It had the same effect. 

About the Xiaomi Box  S, It works perfectly with youtube, google photo, but also third party apps like Doubletwist which I use for streaming music, radio, and podcasts. 

Hey there @boudewijn1985,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We'd recommend giving it another try after restarting your router or trying a different network connection. If the issue doesn't persist with a different network, we suggest contacting the service provider of the original network for more information as well as making sure your router is up to date with the latest firmware versions.

If that doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if changing the audio quality through the Spotify app makes any difference?

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts