Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App says I don't own it

Solved!

App says I don't own it

My Spotify app gives me an Internal Service Error message. When I click Ok it gives another window that says "you do not own this app" and closes the app immediately without allowing me to change anything. I already tried reinstalling the app and clearing the storage. What should I do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Hersh11

What device are you using?

Interestly enough, I found your error as a Kindle problem. Check this thread out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=cs_hc_k_pl?ie=UTF8&forumID=Fx1FI6JDSFEQQ...

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Marked as solution

@Hersh11

What device are you using?

Interestly enough, I found your error as a Kindle problem. Check this thread out:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/forums/kindleqna/ref=cs_hc_k_pl?ie=UTF8&forumID=Fx1FI6JDSFEQQ...

osorniosSpotify Star

I'm using an Android Galaxy s6

@Hersh11

Try a clean install, if you still haven't, which means deleting everything Spotify has created in your phone:

1. Uninstall the app from phone by going to 'Settings' -> 'Apps' then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it. Once loaded press 'Uninstall'.
2. Using a file manager make sure that the below folders are deleted if they still exist:

• /emulated/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /ext_sd/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /sdcard1/Android/data/com.spotify.music
  • /data/media/0/Android/data/com.spotify.music

You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this.

osorniosSpotify Star

When you download apps from Amazon, Amazon usually adds their DRM code to the app. If the DRM code cannot verify your download, it displays this error message. To fix it follow the suggestions on the website mentioned above or contact Amazon support.

Edit: Did you download spotify from the amazon appstore? If so, grab it from Play instead.

I deregistered my Kindle app and now Spotify works!

i have an rca tablet with 5.0 lollipop system. my spotify will not open. it shows internal error. the app store opens to menu but for apps it just returns to home screen. the spotify app, ted 2 movie, which wont play and app store app are on it. my amazon app works as does the amazon video app. on the app store it will take me anywhere except to open to see if apps need updates. i tried to update amazon ok, but can not find app store or spotify on that site. they both exist in my settings for apps. if i delete either, i do not remember how i downloaded them. i cleared the cache memory of both. i found spotify in the google ply store but it shows being installed. if i uninstall it i am afraid i wont be able to re install since it is tied to amazon app store. i do not want to lose my 3333 songs in my 61 playlist. please help. greg.

Suggested posts