Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • nisafitri
  • Casual Listener
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 60 replies
  • 24 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

logging in

I can't log in on my phone but my girlfriend can on hers. I've tried reseting my password but it says to enter email with no spaces. And I've made sure there are no spaces in the email it's very irritating and I've emailed spotify but they haven't go...

• Casual Listener
  • I can't log in on my phone but my girlfriend can on hers. I've tried reseting my password but it says to enter email with no spaces. And I've made sure there are no spaces in the email it's very irri...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium werkt niet

Ik heb gisteren voor 119euro voor een jaar premium gekocht. Helaas werkt het niet. Ik krijg als i iets wil downloaden iedere keer de aanbieding om naar premium te uploaden.Wat moet ik doen? Ik heb een Huawei P 8Alvast bedankt voor jullie hulp

• Ik heb gisteren voor 119euro voor een jaar premium gekocht. Helaas werkt het niet. Ik krijg als i iets wil downloaden iedere keer de aanbieding om naar premium te uploaden. Wat moet ik doen? Ik heb ...
  • Hubo
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs stop playing when no internet connection

I have a premium subscription. My songs are downloaded. They play fine as long as I have an internet connection (any connection). As soon as I disconnect from the internet the song I try to play stops after about 20 seconds.The songs are definitely d...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a premium subscription. My songs are downloaded. They play fine as long as I have an internet connection (any connection). As soon as I disconnect from the internet the song I try to play stop...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad (long) titels for audio book tracks and request: track marker

I am listening to audio books in the car on my daily way to work and back. There are two things I would like to mention:1. the track titles of some books are very long, like autor - book title - tracknumber. If that is the case, I cannot see the trac...

• Regular
  • I am listening to audio books in the car on my daily way to work and back.   There are two things I would like to mention: 1. the track titles of some books are very long, like autor - book t...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

App does not start sometimes and stops after a few songs when using headphones

Dear forum, I am using Spotify on my Xiaomi Redme Note 3 and I am facing two issues. Sometimes when I open the app, the screen stays black. After a while a message appears, saying that the app does not react and asking if I want to close it. When thi...

• Regular
  • Dear forum,   I am using Spotify on my Xiaomi Redme Note 3 and I am facing two issues.   Sometimes when I open the app, the screen stays black. After a while a message appears, saying t...
  • MickH74
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Only a few songs showing up in 'all songs' section

When I go into my all songs folder, there is only a few (about 80) of the 2500 songs I have in my library in playlist folders.This has occurred since switching from my old phone to a pixel XL. I have reinstalled Spotify and deleted the cache.The song...

• When I go into my all songs folder, there is only a few (about 80) of the 2500 songs I have in my library in playlist folders. This has occurred since switching from my old phone to a pixel XL. I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

I wish Spotify would not use my internet connection for my downloaded songs

Goodmorning guys,I'd like to listen to Offline music (and to save internet gb) while i'm online without selecting every time the Offline mode. Is it possible?For Example:I have a playlist, some songs are downloaded and some songs are not;I would like...

• Casual Listener
  • Goodmorning guys, I'd like to listen to Offline music (and to save internet gb) while i'm online without selecting every time the Offline mode. Is it possible? For Example: I have a playlist, some...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Where did the search function go?

I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and spotify updated a few days ago. Since then I completely lost the ability to search for new songs to add to my library. What happened? How do I get this back?

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge and spotify updated a few days ago. Since then I completely lost the ability to search for new songs to add to my library. What happened? How do I get this back?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Will songs transfer to new phone?

I am in the process of getting a new phone. its on it's way because my old phone broke. I have tons of songs in my spotify. Will these songs and playlists transfer??? IF not automatically what do i have to do?Also i do not have premium. Suggestions??

• Casual Listener
  • I am in the process of getting a new phone. its on it's way because my old phone broke. I have  tons of songs in my spotify. Will these songs and playlists transfer??? IF not automatically what ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

[android] disable playing of similar music ?

Hello When I listen to a playlist or an album, after this playlist/album playing finish, Spotify goes on with playing related music. I have searched throughout the app settings and I did not find how to disable this and this "feature" is not present ...

• Visitor
  • Hello   When I listen to a playlist or an album, after this playlist/album playing finish, Spotify goes on with playing related music.   I have searched throughout the app settings and ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Local Files not available to stream in UK - can't sync

I recently purchased an copy of an album which is on Spotify but not available to steam in the UK. I uploaded the album to my computer and added it to a playlist from Local files in Spotify. Despite being local, the files link through to the actual v...

• Casual Listener
  • I recently purchased an copy of an album which is on Spotify but not available to steam in the UK. I uploaded the album to my computer and added it to a playlist from Local files in Spotify. Despite ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Random as default even when you are premium

Hello I am a premium user. The default playing mode for the android app is random. I like random but not as a default choice. I have to launch my music then goes to the now playing screen and untick random mode. Is there a way to avoid this ?

• Visitor
  • Hello   I am a premium user. The default playing mode for the android app is random. I like random but not as a default choice. I have to launch my music then goes to the now playing screen an...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Yamaha MusicCast

Hey, Spotify is always randomly cutting out on my new Yamaha RN602 and WM030 satelite speaker through MusicCast. Internet radio through the same system is stable. 70meg cable broadband, no other problems. Any ideas folks please?

• Regular
  • Hey, Spotify is always randomly cutting out on my new Yamaha RN602 and WM030 satelite speaker through MusicCast. Internet radio through the same system is stable. 70meg cable broadband, no other prob...
  • SpottyMuldoon
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! música sin conexion

Cada vez que me descargo musica sin conexion me "cargo los datos"¿que estoy haciendo mal?

• Casual Listener
  • Cada vez que me descargo musica sin conexion me "cargo los datos"¿que estoy haciendo mal?
  • jose591
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Biblioteca

No logro ver o visualizar el icono de mi biblioteca solo aparece uno de un monito que dice "yo" en la parte de abajo donde estaba antes el icono de biblioteca...... la pregunta es como lo vuelvo a visualizar?

• No logro ver o visualizar el icono de mi biblioteca solo aparece uno de un monito que dice "yo" en la parte de abajo donde estaba antes el icono de biblioteca...... la pregunta es como lo vuelvo a vi...
  • gloriosa
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Al ir a configuraciones, la app se detiene y se cierra sola.

El equipo es un huawei gr5 no había tenido problema con la aplicación hasta hace un par de días. Intenté reinstalar spotify pero el problema persiste

• Casual Listener
  • El equipo es un huawei gr5 no había tenido problema con la aplicación hasta hace un par de días. Intenté reinstalar spotify pero el problema persiste
  • Erika
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

it's slow and stalls sometime

I have almost 60 gb of music downloaded yet when I click on my library it takes a while to load sometimes. I don't think this happened before the new ui. If I close the app and reopen it that will make it load if it just isn't loading. I sometimes on...

• Music Fan
  • I have almost 60 gb of music downloaded yet when I click on my library it takes a while to load sometimes. I don't think this happened before the new ui. If I close the app and reopen it that will ma...
  • marcel11223
  • Music Fan
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Connect with wifi hotspot

I have discovered an intereseting thing. I have recently installed a Tiny Audio M7 to make my old 70'ies amp smart. And this little Tiny is equiped with Spotify Connect. Unfortunately we dont have wifi installed in our cabin, and I then tested whethe...

• I have discovered an intereseting thing.    I have recently installed a Tiny Audio M7 to make my old 70'ies amp smart. And this little Tiny is equiped with Spotify Connect. Unfortunately ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Connect
    hotspot
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

(not so smart) Smartwatch + Spotify problems

Hi, everyone. My girlfriend bought me a not so smart smartwatch and even though it's quite alright, the problem is that I have a music playing app on the smartwatch and when I try to control Spotify on the smartwatch or on the phone, it doesn't matte...

• Hi, everyone. My girlfriend bought me a not so smart smartwatch and even though it's quite alright, the problem is that I have a music playing app on the smartwatch and when I try to control Spotify ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Different spotify setting

Why my spotify is different from others? in the playlist does not give me suggestions, and the library is different. Why? first it was different, the app is updated.

• Why my spotify is different from others? in the playlist does not give me suggestions, and the library is different. Why? first it was different, the app is updated.
  • ErikG
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes