Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Are there less music available on Android compared to Desktop App?

Solved!

Are there less music available on Android compared to Desktop App?

I just recently downloaded the free spotify phone app, and noticed that there were some songs/albums that are available on the spotify desktop app, but I can't find on the phone (whether by searching specifically for the song/album, or looking through artists' "all albums" section").

(Specifically, I am referring to Show Luo's pre-2007 albums. They appear and are playable on the laptop, but can't even be found on my phone. I know it's not a local files issue, because I don't have his early albums on my laptop nor on my phone.)

Is there a reason for this? Or is it just that the phone app have less music in its library?

If it's because I need to upgrade to premium to access these songs, then I am more than happy to do so, as I was intending to anyway. However, I don't want to waste my money if it turns out even if I pay, I won't have half of my favourite artist's songs available to me. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For the record, after having just signed up for the 30 day free trial of Premium, the albums are available to me now. 

Not sure what determines what songs and albums are available to free mobile users and what requires premium, but as long as it is available, I guess that makes me one satisfied user. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I think they're all there. Under the albums shown initially, tap "See all albums" to see the full list.

thank you for the quicky reply!

when I look under all albums shown, it's not there.(I attached a screenshot where i scroll to the bottom list sorted according to year).

However when i searched for those missing albums again, it turns out it is there, but grayed out and unavailable for shuffle play.

so then the question becomes: would i be able to access those music with premium? or is it inaccessible for some other reason?
Screenshot_2017-02-18-10-42-43-755_com.spotify.music.png

Ah. greyed out music isn't available in your region. Contact the artists or their label to ask them why.

but its available on the desktop version? So what I dont understand is the disparity between the two different devices?
Marked as solution

For the record, after having just signed up for the 30 day free trial of Premium, the albums are available to me now. 

Not sure what determines what songs and albums are available to free mobile users and what requires premium, but as long as it is available, I guess that makes me one satisfied user. 

Suggested posts