Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artist list in offline disappears.

Artist list in offline disappears.

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Russia

Device

Samsung Galaxy A5 2017

Android 8

The tab with the artists I am subscribed to turns out to be empty if the application was closed, unused for some time, then launched without access to the network or in offline mode. Restarting, reinstalling, resetting, replacing everything that is possible does not help. In some cases, this problem may not appear, but in my conditions of use, stable work could not be achieved.

Screenshot_20210209-200906_Spotify.jpg
19 Replies

Judging by the tests, there is some dependence on how much music is downloaded and what quality is set in the settings. Those. if I did not change the settings, and downloaded about 2gb in standard quality, then the app seemed to work normally, when I downloaded 4 gb or more, the list began to fall off. If you reset the cache and app data, log in, and download the same thing but with higher quality settings, artist subscriptions disappear the first time you restart the application without access to the network. With the high quality of the downloaded audio, it was enough for me to download a little over 1gb for the problem to start appearing.

Once I did not even close the application from the list of the latter, I fixed it there, I first disabled the optimization of battery consumption (a standard function that is enabled in almost all programs). And I left Spotify hanging like that in the phone's memory. The list disappeared anyway, and this time, when I went to the artists' tab, the list was visible for a tiny, short moment 😃 Today I will test without downloading music, only with cached music, setting the maximum quality. Spotify do you have any thoughts on this?

And so, all the same the list after some time was empty. Only one album was downloaded and 500 mb in the cache. And this is on another account. = ( Does anyone else have this? This bug spoils everything for me, at the moment I do not use the mobile Internet on my smartphone, and it is very important to me how the application works in offline mode, and my list of artists is falling off, therefore I cannot navigate the media library through this tab. = (

Hey there @Djeraa

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

Great troubleshooting steps so far. You mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but we recommend running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind trying it with a different internet connection?

Additionally, could you let us know if you're using an SD card?

Let us know how it goes 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I already did a clean reinstallation according to your instructions. I reset to factory settings. Technical support was resetting the settings on your part. This does not fix the problem. I explain to you that the list disappears if the program is launched after a prolonged inactivity in the previously enabled offline mode or in the absence of an Internet connection. What does the type and quality of the latter have to do with it? I have a 128gb sdxc memory card installed, tried sdhc 32 gb, tried without a memory card at all. I even have the same phenomenon in a windows application.

Hi @Djeraa

Thanks for your quick reply and for the information you sent. 

Would you mind asking a friend to log in to your devices with their account and check if the issue persists with that account?

Additionally, could you let us know if this has always happened, or if it started happening after a specific event? 

We'll be waiting for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I tried with another account, I specially created another one, there is a premium subscription, I subscribed to about the same number of artists. About 400. Logged in after a clean reinstallation and tested the same way. At first, the problem might not appear, but anyway, sooner or later, after the next launch of the application without access to the network, the list turned out to be empty, as if I haven't signed anybody yet. Naturally, if you connect to the network, the list appears. If after a clean reinstallation and login I set the maximum quality, download more music, exit the application for a little more than 15 minutes, then the problem may appear immediately. By the way, this is another feature, if you start the application immediately after closing, or before 15 minutes, the list does not disappear. Later I will try to test it on another android device.

Hey there @Djeraa

Thanks for getting back in touch.

In this case, we'll wait for you to try it on a different Android device to check if the issue persists there. 

Additionally, could you let us know the exact make/model, operating system and Spotify version of your device?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

I tested it on my old Asus Zenfone 2. Everything is the same. The artists I follow disappear from the list. The main smartphone I use is the Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 on android 8. If there are updates available, I always install them. I don't use any specific settings, no antivirus programs, no cleaning / optimization utilities. Everything is pretty standard. Application Version 8.6.0.830

I made a screen recording to make it clearer how this problem appears.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=170K5B2XeBe2UcB1lRDS6B8KPtzYu13kp

Hi there @Djeraa

Thank you for the clarification and for the screen recording you sent.

Could you let us know if you're using any cache clearing apps or any apps that optimize storage space on your devices? If so, we suggest that you try disabling them or whitelisting Spotify to check if that makes the difference. 

On another note, could you let us know how many artists are you following from your original account?

Lastly, would you mind checking from your phone's Settings if Spotify's allowed background activity or not?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply 🙂

EniModerator

I repeat to you, everything is pretty standard in the smartphone, there are no third-party programs for cleaning and optimization. No antivirus. The application is not limited by standard means. In the settings branch for clearing the RAM, you can see that it hangs quite comfortably in the background. The application is not marked as "always sleeping", only I can put it into "sleep mode". The main account has about the same number of artists, about 420 subscriptions.

I have news. Apparently, the number of artist subscriptions affects the problem. I completely cleaned the entire media library. Then i added 70 performers. I also added albums, favorite tracks, created a custom playlist. Did a clean install. Logged in, downloaded music in maximum quality. And for quite a long time, I periodically launched applications without access to the network. Everything worked fine. Today I have brought the number of subscriptions to 400+. Closed the application. I waited 20 minutes. First launch = only those 70 artists are displayed. After going online, everything was displayed. Second run = list is completely empty! Something like this. What news do you have? 😃

Hello. Are you going to do something about it?

I guess not. =(

Hey @Djeraa,

Thanks for getting back to us.

We appreciate the extensive troubleshooting you've done so far and value the time you spent gathering the info and sharing it with us. We've been taking a closer look into your case and discussing it with the relevant team, hence the delay. We're currently investigating this and will keep you updated on any developments here, as soon as there are any.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello. I am very glad that I finally got some answer. Thank you. I am even more glad that you are dealing with this problem. Hope to get it fixed as soon as possible. 😃

Hello.

More than a month has passed. How are things going with fixing this bug?

Hi @Djeraa,

Thanks for your post.

This has been passed on to the right team at Spotify. We've been informed that they are currently working on this, but we don't have info on an official date for a fix.

We'd recommend keeping you app up to date, to always get the latest release.

We'll let you know as soon as we know something 🙂

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is this problem fixed now? I have the same issue.

Suggested posts