Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify "breaks" on Redmi 9 When connecting to PC

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceDeviceXiaomi Redmi 9Operating SystemMIUI 12.0.2 My Question or IssueI just bought this phone, it's brand new and spotify has this issue:Every time I connect to PC while listening on Android, it connects, but spotify on android...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Greece Device Xiaomi Redmi 9 Operating System MIUI 12.0.2   My Question or Issue I just bought this phone, it's brand new and spotify has this issue: Ever...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Liked Songs Tab Removed From Artist Page

Plan: Premium Country: UK Operating System: Android A while back, my version of Spotify started including a 'Liked Songs' page at the top of every artist page, as per the screenshot I've attached. It's something I've used daily since it was implement...

• Visitor
  • Plan: Premium Country: UK Operating System: Android   A while back, my version of Spotify started including a 'Liked Songs' page at the top of every artist page, as per the screensho...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 8 likes

Old version support

Hi, i founded my very old Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 and i had na idea.I want to make it like an mp3, so i installed a version that is compatible with this 8yo phone (v 1.2.5.3).All works fine but now i saw that i can’t move my download folder to mi...

• Visitor
  • Hi, i founded my very old Samsung Galaxy S Plus i9001 and i had na idea. I want to make it like an mp3, so i installed a version that is compatible with this 8yo phone (v 1.2.5.3). All works fine b...
  • MateusAuri
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

[Android][Developer] Bring Back the Lyrics

I just signed up for Spotify two months ago. At 40 years old, I finally chose, subscribed, and paid for a streaming service on my Android. What a blissful two months it was...As I played my songs, I could follow along with the lyrics. You have always...

• Visitor
  • I just signed up for Spotify two months ago. At 40 years old, I finally chose, subscribed, and paid for a streaming service on my Android. What a blissful two months it was...As I played my songs, I ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    Developer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

UPDATED: Phone not updating currently playing when using Connect w/ chromecast or HEOS

UPDATE: After reading some other threads I logged out of my desktop and on my old phone AND logged out and deleted the app from my current phone. Reinstalled and it seems to be working. Fingers crossed. PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePixel 3Operating Sys...

• UPDATE: After reading some other threads I logged out of my desktop and on my old phone AND logged out and deleted the app from my current phone. Reinstalled and it seems to be working. Fingers cross...
  • AdamDam
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files on Android Device

PlanPremium My Question or Issues.I have local Files on my desktop which I want to play on my mobile... When I tried to look up how to achieve that all I got was to enable the "local audio files" settings on my phone... However I cant find those sett...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   My Question or Issues. I have local Files on my desktop which I want to play on my mobile... When I tried to look up how to achieve that all I got was to enable the "local aud...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect stops working on Pioneer wireless speaker

PlanPremiumDeviceGalaxy S10eOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI've been using Spotify with my home audio devices for years. I have a Pioneer amplituner (Pioneer SX-N30AE) and two wireless speakers (Pioneer MRX-3). Everything was working ...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Device Galaxy S10e Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I've been using Spotify with my home audio devices for years. I have a Pioneer amplituner (Pioneer SX...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Pioneer
    Spotify
  • 27 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Negative collors song covers

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceRedmi note 7Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueSome covers look like negatives. Only the ones with darker collors become negative but not all the covers with dark collors become negative. WiBTY6

negative.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Redmi note 7 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue Some covers look like negatives. Only the ones with darker collors become negative ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast

PlanPremiumCountryFranceDeviceRealme 5 pro - Huawei M2Operating SystemAndroid 10 - Android 5.1 My Question or IssueSorry for my english.For a week and only with Chromecast : I can't see the picture of the singer ( it's always the picture of the first...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country France Device Realme 5 pro - Huawei M2 Operating System Android 10 - Android 5.1   My Question or Issue Sorry for my english. For a week and only with Chromecas...
  • CarlosE
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Local files wont download after new update

Since the new update my phone can't download any new songs.There is a circle with an exclamation mark before every local song i try to add.I've reinstalled Spotify and it does not make a difference. Please take a look at this asap. This happens on 2 ...

• Regular
  • Since the new update my phone can't download any new songs. There is a circle with an exclamation mark before every local song i try to add. I've reinstalled Spotify and it does not make a differen...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    local download
    Spotify
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloading playlist - what is "offline"?

I understand how downloading songs and playlists work and how to use them offline. But I have trouble finding confirmation on how Spotify behaves when being on cellular data playing a pre-downloaded playlist. Since my phone is never offline, it is ei...

• Regular
  • I understand how downloading songs and playlists work and how to use them offline. But I have trouble finding confirmation on how Spotify behaves when being on cellular data playing a pre-downloaded ...
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song shows wrong time

When listening on my pc, I use my phone to control the music. But when any song starts the player skips forward about 1 minute. The actual song still plays normally but the time on the player is wrong. This only happens when I select my PC on the dev...

• Casual Listener
  • When listening on my pc, I use my phone to control the music. But when any song starts the player skips forward about 1 minute. The actual song still plays normally but the time on the player is wron...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Android App stuck on one song and 0:00 playing on Sonos

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceSamsung Galaxy S10+Operating SystemAndroid 11 My Question or IssueWhen playing Spotify from phone on Sonos the song tile on the app never advances to the now playing song and the counter is stuck at 0:00 yet the next songs ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Samsung Galaxy S10+ Operating System Android 11   My Question or Issue When playing Spotify from phone on Sonos the song tile on the app never advances ...
  • Xenia
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify app stuck
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify searched songs keep repeating

When I search for a specific artist to listen to while in offline mode, I will click on one of their songs to play and usually when that one song finishes playing it either moves on to the next song in that search criteria or shuffle between the sear...

• When I search for a specific artist to listen to while in offline mode, I will click on one of their songs to play and usually when that one song finishes playing it either moves on to the next song ...
  • Novy
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Bugs when playing on external device with new version

Since yesterdays update I am experiencing incredible annoying bugs.When I play music on external devices, the playtime is not shown. It stays at 0:00 while the song is playing at the device. When the song is over and the next one is played, it doesn'...

• Regular
  • Since yesterdays update I am experiencing incredible annoying bugs. When I play music on external devices, the playtime is not shown. It stays at 0:00 while the song is playing at the device. When...
  • Eni
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution [LG Smart Phone] Music not progressing on phone and settings are weird

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevice(LG Stylo 6) My Question or IssueAlright, so I usually use my phone as a remote to sync Spotify on both my google home mini, but it's not been working. First, songs appear to either be wrong or not playing on my phone (just ...

• Plan Premium Country US Device (LG Stylo 6)   My Question or Issue Alright, so I usually use my phone as a remote to sync Spotify on both my google home mini, but it's not been working...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How to pair Spotify with Samsung Buds+ and Samsung Galaxy Active 2 watch

I am having a audio problem between Spotify and Samsung Buds+, Active 2 watch.The Buds+ are paired with watch. I can hear the MUSIC app.However, although my Spotify playlist is on my watch, when it plays, I cannot hear it thru my Buds.If I use my Sam...

• Visitor
  • I am having a audio problem between Spotify and Samsung Buds+, Active 2 watch. The Buds+ are paired with watch. I can hear the MUSIC app. However, although my Spotify playlist is on my watch, when ...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Turn off top section

PlanPremiumCountryUSA Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueA few weeks ago this section at the top stated showing up with random albums/podcasts in it. I assumed it was top playlists/albums, but I guess not? It seems like it's more to push pod...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA  Operating System Android    My Question or Issue A few weeks ago this section at the top stated showing up with random albums/podcasts in it. I assume...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Go online to see menu.

PlanPremiumCountryEnglandDeviceSamsung Galaxy A6 2018 (December)Operating SystemAndroid 9.0My Question or Issue Constantly says "Go online to see menu." When I'm online already, try it with both 4G and Wi-Fi, but it shouldn't matter anyway as I am on...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country England Device Samsung Galaxy A6 2018 (December) Operating System Android 9.0 My Question or Issue   Constantly says "Go online to see menu." When I'm online alrea...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 12 replies
  • 12 likes
  • go online to see menu
    Help
    Spotify not working
    spotify not working on android
  • 12 replies
  • 12 likes