Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Artists not showing up in 'Your Music' - Having to scroll through entire playlist

Solved!

Artists not showing up in 'Your Music' - Having to scroll through entire playlist

I have a playlist that is downloaded offline with close to 3,000 songs.  I do make sure to go to online mode and update.   I used to be able to see all of these songs by album and artist under the 'Your Music' section.  All of the sudden, only a few songs are showing up here in either offline or online mode.  I'm having to scroll through the entire playlist to select a particular song.  Again, this just started a few days ago.

I have followed all of the steps of clearing cache, uninstalling and reinstalling with no results.  Please help!

Thanks!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Your Music and playlists are no longer linked (haven't been for a while for me), meaning content in your playlists is not shown in Your Music unless you manually add it to your Collection.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

This happens if you add 540 or more tracks to My Music at once - it seems to be a bug. Logging out of the desktop client usually fixes this but, if you still have problems, post in this thread.

I haven't noticed any lag in changes to My Music synching to my mobile devices or the other way around so I'm not sure what could be causing this for you. Does it update if you close spotify and relaunch it on android?

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Marked as solution

Your Music and playlists are no longer linked (haven't been for a while for me), meaning content in your playlists is not shown in Your Music unless you manually add it to your Collection.

Peter

Thanks Peter!

Wow, I knew I shouldn't have updated.  So, I add a song/album once to my playlist and then I have to add it again to 'Your Music'?  Can you give me a bit more information on how this works?  I have a couple of songs that show in both.  And I also have absolutely zero idea how you add to 'Your Music'.

I can't believe they actually think that we don't need any easy way to select an artist/album/song from the playlist?  Makes zero sense Spotify!!!  I will drop you if you don't fix it.

You should be able to Save any track or album into your music (collection). How you do this depends on which app you are using, in the desktop client you should see "+" buttons and "Save" buttons. There are also save buttons in the mobile apps.

The idea of having a separate collection and playlists was something which was born out of user feedback when the first collection beta went live. Personally, I much prefer it this way since you can have a personal collection of tracks/albums you love - and still build playlists without tracks in those playlists which you maybe don't love so much.

Peter

Peter - I believe I need to clarify.  I am having the issue on my phone (LG G2).  On the web player, the playlist and 'Your Music' are synced but not so on the phone...

Hey I'm also having a problem with the Your Music feature. I just added a playlist from itunes into spotify that has about 1700 songs. They are synced with my Iphone as well and can play offline on the Spotify Mobile App. However, i can only add about half of them into My Music. I really want them to show up in the Artists and Albums so I don't have to scroll through the whole playlist to find songs but they just won't add. The songs that won't add in the playlist also have either a grayed out album name or artist name or both. The one thats are normal and have white text will add. Any idea of what to do?

Local files can't be added to your music so I'm guessing that the ones that do get added are matches with tracks in spotify's catalogue and the otheres aren't.

Same on my phone (HTC One). When I add a song to my collection on the Windows client it doesn't show up in my collection on the phone. The same applies the other way around. This is really annoying! Man, the star feature was a zillion times more convenient.

Also, on the desktop version the songs I have added to my collection neither show up in the artist nor the album view. What a pain!

I should have added this is on Spotify songs. I don't have any local songs synced with Spotify.

Marked as solution

This happens if you add 540 or more tracks to My Music at once - it seems to be a bug. Logging out of the desktop client usually fixes this but, if you still have problems, post in this thread.

I haven't noticed any lag in changes to My Music synching to my mobile devices or the other way around so I'm not sure what could be causing this for you. Does it update if you close spotify and relaunch it on android?

Thanks for your quick reply!

In fact, the issue only occurs when adding more than 540 songs. Once done, nothing syncs anymore, neither across albums or artists nor across devices. To solve this, follow these steps:

1.) Delete all songs under the songs section in "Your music"

2.) Completely close the Spotify desktop application

3.) Verify that your other devices do not show any songs in "Your music"

4.) Launch the desktop client again

5.) Add your songs in chunks of no more than 540 at a time 

For a starred list of a few thousand songs this is a bit of work but at least you don't have to add all songs individually.

soo it's a year later now and still my playlists aren't showing up under my songs. this is pretty rediculous if you ask me. does spotify really expect me to add all these songs that are in my playlists one by one because i can't add chucks of playlist! i hope this will get fixed soon. i will cancel my subscription!

why doesnt'this $%^&*() add these %^& playlists it's the f%^& ALL SONGS TAB!!!

@bartbartbartbar wrote:

soo it's a year later now and still my playlists aren't showing up under my songs. this is pretty rediculous if you ask me. does spotify really expect me to add all these songs that are in my playlists one by one because i can't add chucks of playlist! i hope this will get fixed soon. i will cancel my subscription!

I recommend you contact Spotify Support using the form here.

You will get an automated reply at first, however if you need to chase them just reply to the email as it does get monitored.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Being able to select and individual artist to listen to individual songs by that artist with an alphabetic order of your artists with the songs you saved is much easier and better. If I want to listen to a certain song by a certain artist you cant find it without scrolling through thousands of song that are in no specific order or search for the artist again when you already saved that song so you don't have to search every time. Categorize by artist is much better. I love Spotify but considering finding another music subscriber because of this. I want a refund.

Suggested posts