Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Lock screen and Bluetooth problems

New Lock screen and Bluetooth problems

Hi guys,

I recently ditched spotify and had a try of Google play music due to the features around uploading your own music.  The other features didn't really work for me, so have returned to Spotify with a new Pixel phone.

Has something changed over the last 3-4 weeks?

All of a sudden I can't control my music playback through my bluetooth controls in my car like I used to be able to, also can't even move forward or back tracks from the widget in my lock screen!

To rub salt into the wound I also seem to find that Spotify continues its own playback through my phones speaker when I disconnect from my car audio, and because I can't pause it from the lock screen I find this really irritating!

Anyone else with these problems?  What has changed?

I've tried the battery optimization off, as well as allowing full access etc.  This is the sort of thing that would make me leave!

Cheers

6 Replies

For what it's worth, exact same problem here. I believe it appeared at the same time as adding the "back" button to the lock screen widget. Only "play/pause" works for me.

I have the additional problem that even the controls in the status bar don't work.

Very grateful for any solution as at the moment the only way I can control my tracks is from the app itself!

Exact same issues here on stock S7 Edge. It's been two weeks and they won't acknowledge the issue. They just keep ttelling people to try reinstalling the app. I already cancelled my subscription and I suggest you do the same until this is fixed.

P.S.

I recorded the notification not appearing and submitted it to two threads and they still won't acknowledge it.

Exactly the same here. Oneplus One with the same problem, both on car bluetooth as with headphones. I reinstalled the app and now the lock screen seems to work.

Bluetooth will be tested next time I'm in my car. I hope it's fixed with a reinstall because being unable to control the app in the car blows. Also, re-downloading large playlists is a pita. They should really cache it for a fixed duration.

I had also problems to control playback with my new Google Pixel XL in my new Toyota Auris Hybrid TS and the Touch 2 Radio without navigation (new car from 10/2016).

Same problem here with a Nexus6P, latest update. This was definately patched in 2 or 3 weeks ago. Before that i never had these problems.

I think the system can't tell anymore if spotify is running in the background. You loose bluetooth controls, you can't use widgets, the pause/play behaviour will not be controled by the system (if you plug headphones/disconnect from bluetooth/get a phone call) and the spotify icon in the notifications will disappear. If you restart spotify it will work again but sometime later the same bug appears. It is a major bug and REALLY annoying especially when i get a phonecall and spotify won't stop playback.

I have the same issue in my s7 edge. This is a really big problem especially while driving. If I pause, and play again, SoundCloud starts playing. I don't know if others have this problem but I have to use the app to resume
playback. The app is also unstable, hangs while using. I want the old Spotify, was very stable, has no issues.

Also when paused from the status bar, the app closes.

Suggested posts