Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Entire library is missing

I have premium simply because of the offline feature but this is the second time my entire library has been deleted. The only songs there are songs I added from discover weekly. I refuse to pay for a feature that I can't even use.

• Casual Listener
  • I have premium simply because of the offline feature but this is the second time my entire library has been deleted. The only songs there are songs I added from discover weekly. I refuse to pay for a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    library malfunction
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is being extremely glitchy lately.

Alright so starting about 2 weeks ago spotify started just pausing the music often enough that it became an annoyence. It happens with/without earphones and/or bluetooth speakers. It can happen 5 time in 20 minute or it can be the entire day without ...

• Alright so starting about 2 weeks ago spotify started just pausing the music often enough that it became an annoyence. It happens with/without earphones and/or bluetooth speakers. It can happen 5 tim...
  • ElusiveHalcyon
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • album art
    Android
    Premium user
    random pausing
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Bad Shuffling

Hi,Just an observation about shuffling mode on Android app, it’s always the same songs which are played, always, even in a long playlist always the same tracks and it’s not the case on windows application where shuffling mode is ok. It’s a problem fo...

• Hi, Just an observation about shuffling mode on Android app, it’s always the same songs which are played, always, even in a long playlist always the same tracks and it’s not the case on windows appl...
  • Juan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Bad Shuffling
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting to a device

Twice my phone has randomly connected to someone else's device and I want to know how to prevent this. The other device is someone I don't even know. It's almost as if my Spotify is being hijacked.

• Twice my phone has randomly connected to someone else's device and I want to know how to prevent this. The other device is someone I don't even know. It's almost as if my Spotify is being hijacked.
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Chromecast

I love the Chromecast support of Spotify but there is one little thing that i don't like about it. When i'm streaming my music to my Chromecast Audio i can't remove any of the upcoming songs in the "Next From" list. Is there any solution to this prob...

• I love the Chromecast support of Spotify but there is one little thing that i don't like about it. When i'm streaming my music to my Chromecast Audio i can't remove any of the upcoming songs in the "...
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    chromecast
    Chromecast Android
    chromecast audio
    Next Song
    next up
    song
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Merging Offline playlists. Re-downloading?

Hello,I recently saved two playlists to my Android phone. After I completed downloading, I deliberately merged Playlist A (new music) into Playlist B (from my local files) to make a Mega-playlist. However, it seems to be "downloading" these songs int...

• Hello, I recently saved two playlists to my Android phone.   After I completed downloading, I deliberately merged Playlist A (new music) into Playlist B (from my local files) to make a Mega...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not play in my car

I have a 2016 Hyundai Elantra and a Samsung S5. My phone is connected to the car via blutooth and everything seems to work except Spotify. It will connect and show that the songs are playing and I can even play and pause through the dash, but there i...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 2016 Hyundai Elantra and a Samsung S5. My phone is connected to the car via blutooth and everything seems to work except Spotify. It will connect and show that the songs are playing and I ca...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound stops after 1 song on playlists/radio

I've used Spotify on this same android phone for over a year now, and its been fine up until this point.I reset my phone to factory this week and now Spotify is malfunctioning. I have done this once before in the past and had no problems with Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • I've used Spotify on this same android phone for over a year now, and its been fine up until this point. I reset my phone to factory this week and now Spotify is malfunctioning. I have done this o...
  • JayeLee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify don't save offline Music at SD-Card

Hay,i have Spotify Premium since 2 days, because i want to save my music offline on my smartphone and i hate advertisment. But it every time i download my playlists, it saves my music at my internal storage. I have a sdcard with 5,7GB free space. At ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hay, i have Spotify Premium since 2 days, because i want to save my music offline on my smartphone and i hate advertisment.   But it every time i download my playlists, it saves my music at m...
  • MaximH
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting phone to playstation - impossible?

Ok I've just spent over an hour searching the internet for a solution to my problem, and all I found was one thread with the same problem that went unsolved, so hopefully someone can help me here. The problem:I cannot connect to my PS3 from my Sony X...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok I've just spent over an hour searching the internet for a solution to my problem, and all I found was one thread with the same problem that went unsolved, so hopefully someone can help me here. &...
  • JohnnyCashish
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android can't synchronize local files on Desktop

Hello, I have quite a large play list with a lot of local files. When I try to download the playlist on my android phone I can download every normal song but none of the local files. It just says waiting for download. I am on the same network. Thanks

• Hello,   I have quite a large play list with a lot of local files. When I try to download the playlist on my android phone I can download every normal song but none of the local files. It just...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded tracks disappear

This happened for the second time today: Almost all of my downloaded tracks weren't available offline anymore. And no, I didn't "undownload" them, they just disappeared.The first time it happened, only a few albums disappeared, but this morning, all ...

• Casual Listener
  • This happened for the second time today: Almost all of my downloaded tracks weren't available offline anymore. And no, I didn't "undownload" them, they just disappeared. The first time it happened, ...
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fallo busqueda

Soy usuario premium. Me es imposible realizar ninguna búsqueda ya que siempre me arroja "sin resultados"Ponga lo que ponga en el cuadro de búsqueda el resultado es el mismo. Alguien podría ayudarme? no puedo disfrutar del servicio en estas condicione...

• Soy usuario premium. Me es imposible realizar ninguna búsqueda ya que siempre me arroja "sin resultados" Ponga lo que ponga en el cuadro de búsqueda el resultado es el mismo.   Alguien podría...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Landscape album art

Hi, I have seen this screen on a recent android phone review.......how can I set a bigger landscape album art like in the attached picture?

unnamed.gif
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have seen this screen on a recent android phone review.......how can I set a bigger landscape album art like in the attached picture?  
  • ElusiveHalcyon
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue in Android Spotify

Hello, I am having issues when playing "all songs" in android in the speakers. The songs stop playing after two songs in the playlist. When i have the headset the songs continue to play. I have premium please help me.

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am having issues when playing "all songs" in android in the speakers. The songs stop playing after two songs in the playlist. When i have the headset the songs continue to play. I h...
  • gtfMasterJohn
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete music from a playlist

I've already "deleted" one music that I don't want to listen from a playlist, but i didn't find how to do it anymore it's a silly question but the user interface is so hard to use

• Casual Listener
  • I've already "deleted" one music that I don't want to listen from a playlist, but i didn't find how to do it anymore 😞 it's a silly question but the user interface is so hard to use
  • BiancaTrancoso
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • delete music
    delete track
    Playlist
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Option - Force stop after bluetooth disconnect

Hello,Please could you implement option force device to stop play after Bluetooth speakers are disconnect?It’s very annoying when device still play the music when I disconnect my headset. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Please could you implement option force device to stop play after Bluetooth speakers are disconnect? It’s very annoying when device still play the music when I disconnect my headset. &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause between tracks

Hello folks,it is the case, that my spotify pauses between Tracks. This happens randomly. To Come into more Detail: a Track is playing. After it is over, the timeline moves over to the next track. the timeline shows that the next Song is playing, but...

• Hello folks, it is the case, that my spotify pauses between Tracks. This happens randomly. To Come into more Detail: a Track is playing. After it is over, the timeline moves over to the next track. ...
  • ElusiveHalcyon
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

the phone in standby, the playlist is muted

In android Spotify application since some versions , leaving the phone in standby, the playlist is muted when the next issue , the only solution they propose is the crossfade and that's no solution is an alternative , spotify not solve the problem wi...

• Regular
  • In android Spotify application since some versions , leaving the phone in standby, the playlist is muted when the next issue , the only solution they propose is the crossfade and that's no solution i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Popup upon opening app

How can I disable the popup asking what music made 2015 for me? Enough already!!! I've clicked "No thanks" everyday since BEFORE Jan 1. WTF?!!! Makes me think of cancelling my Premium acct.thanks in advance,G

• Casual Listener
  • How can I disable the popup asking what music made 2015 for me? Enough already!!! I've clicked "No thanks" everyday since BEFORE Jan 1. WTF?!!! Makes me think of cancelling my Premium acct. thanks...
  • stupidassol
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes