Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify will not play in my car

I have a 2016 Hyundai Elantra and a Samsung S5. My phone is connected to the car via blutooth and everything seems to work except Spotify. It will connect and show that the songs are playing and I can even play and pause through the dash, but there i...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a 2016 Hyundai Elantra and a Samsung S5. My phone is connected to the car via blutooth and everything seems to work except Spotify. It will connect and show that the songs are playing and I ca...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound stops after 1 song on playlists/radio

I've used Spotify on this same android phone for over a year now, and its been fine up until this point.I reset my phone to factory this week and now Spotify is malfunctioning. I have done this once before in the past and had no problems with Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • I've used Spotify on this same android phone for over a year now, and its been fine up until this point. I reset my phone to factory this week and now Spotify is malfunctioning. I have done this o...
  • JayeLee
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify don't save offline Music at SD-Card

Hay,i have Spotify Premium since 2 days, because i want to save my music offline on my smartphone and i hate advertisment. But it every time i download my playlists, it saves my music at my internal storage. I have a sdcard with 5,7GB free space. At ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hay, i have Spotify Premium since 2 days, because i want to save my music offline on my smartphone and i hate advertisment.   But it every time i download my playlists, it saves my music at m...
  • MaximH
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Connecting phone to playstation - impossible?

Ok I've just spent over an hour searching the internet for a solution to my problem, and all I found was one thread with the same problem that went unsolved, so hopefully someone can help me here. The problem:I cannot connect to my PS3 from my Sony X...

• Casual Listener
  • Ok I've just spent over an hour searching the internet for a solution to my problem, and all I found was one thread with the same problem that went unsolved, so hopefully someone can help me here. &...
  • JohnnyCashish
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android can't synchronize local files on Desktop

Hello, I have quite a large play list with a lot of local files. When I try to download the playlist on my android phone I can download every normal song but none of the local files. It just says waiting for download. I am on the same network. Thanks

• Hello,   I have quite a large play list with a lot of local files. When I try to download the playlist on my android phone I can download every normal song but none of the local files. It just...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded tracks disappear

This happened for the second time today: Almost all of my downloaded tracks weren't available offline anymore. And no, I didn't "undownload" them, they just disappeared.The first time it happened, only a few albums disappeared, but this morning, all ...

• Casual Listener
  • This happened for the second time today: Almost all of my downloaded tracks weren't available offline anymore. And no, I didn't "undownload" them, they just disappeared. The first time it happened, ...
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Fallo busqueda

Soy usuario premium. Me es imposible realizar ninguna búsqueda ya que siempre me arroja "sin resultados"Ponga lo que ponga en el cuadro de búsqueda el resultado es el mismo. Alguien podría ayudarme? no puedo disfrutar del servicio en estas condicione...

• Soy usuario premium. Me es imposible realizar ninguna búsqueda ya que siempre me arroja "sin resultados" Ponga lo que ponga en el cuadro de búsqueda el resultado es el mismo.   Alguien podría...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Landscape album art

Hi, I have seen this screen on a recent android phone review.......how can I set a bigger landscape album art like in the attached picture?

unnamed.gif
  • Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have seen this screen on a recent android phone review.......how can I set a bigger landscape album art like in the attached picture?  
  • ElusiveHalcyon
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Issue in Android Spotify

Hello, I am having issues when playing "all songs" in android in the speakers. The songs stop playing after two songs in the playlist. When i have the headset the songs continue to play. I have premium please help me.

• Regular
  • Hello,   I am having issues when playing "all songs" in android in the speakers. The songs stop playing after two songs in the playlist. When i have the headset the songs continue to play. I h...
  • gtfMasterJohn
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete music from a playlist

I've already "deleted" one music that I don't want to listen from a playlist, but i didn't find how to do it anymore it's a silly question but the user interface is so hard to use

• Casual Listener
  • I've already "deleted" one music that I don't want to listen from a playlist, but i didn't find how to do it anymore 😞 it's a silly question but the user interface is so hard to use
  • BiancaTrancoso
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • delete music
    delete track
    Playlist
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Option - Force stop after bluetooth disconnect

Hello,Please could you implement option force device to stop play after Bluetooth speakers are disconnect?It’s very annoying when device still play the music when I disconnect my headset. Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, Please could you implement option force device to stop play after Bluetooth speakers are disconnect? It’s very annoying when device still play the music when I disconnect my headset. &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Pause between tracks

Hello folks,it is the case, that my spotify pauses between Tracks. This happens randomly. To Come into more Detail: a Track is playing. After it is over, the timeline moves over to the next track. the timeline shows that the next Song is playing, but...

• Hello folks, it is the case, that my spotify pauses between Tracks. This happens randomly. To Come into more Detail: a Track is playing. After it is over, the timeline moves over to the next track. ...
  • ElusiveHalcyon
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

the phone in standby, the playlist is muted

In android Spotify application since some versions , leaving the phone in standby, the playlist is muted when the next issue , the only solution they propose is the crossfade and that's no solution is an alternative , spotify not solve the problem wi...

• Regular
  • In android Spotify application since some versions , leaving the phone in standby, the playlist is muted when the next issue , the only solution they propose is the crossfade and that's no solution i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Popup upon opening app

How can I disable the popup asking what music made 2015 for me? Enough already!!! I've clicked "No thanks" everyday since BEFORE Jan 1. WTF?!!! Makes me think of cancelling my Premium acct.thanks in advance,G

• Casual Listener
  • How can I disable the popup asking what music made 2015 for me? Enough already!!! I've clicked "No thanks" everyday since BEFORE Jan 1. WTF?!!! Makes me think of cancelling my Premium acct. thanks...
  • stupidassol
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Error while syncing playlist

There is a problem with the playlist synchronisation in spotify its not updating everytime if a song is added by the web api only after toggling off on on the offline switch its updating sometimes its random working

• There is a problem with the playlist synchronisation in spotify its not updating everytime if a song is added by the web api only after toggling off on on the offline switch its updating sometimes it...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify stops playing after a few songs

Hi! My spotify stops playing the sound of songs after i have listened to 4 - 7 songs, if i unlock my phone the song is playing but no sound is played. If i drag the little dot to the start (start the song over) the sound comes back on. I have a Xperi...

• Hi! My spotify stops playing the sound of songs after i have listened to 4 - 7 songs, if i unlock my phone the song is playing but no sound is played. If i drag the little dot to the start (start the...
  • Allove79
  • Regular
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Android app wakes the phone screen while locked

Specs: Moto G 4g XT 1040, Android Lollipop 5.01.Bluetooth headset Motorola S03 paired, and set as trusted (bypasses lock screen PIN prompt when connected). Spotify Premium.Latest update wakes my phone and bypasses the lock screen when playing "next s...

• Casual Listener
  • Specs: Moto G 4g XT 1040, Android Lollipop 5.01. Bluetooth headset Motorola S03 paired, and set as trusted (bypasses lock screen PIN prompt when connected). Spotify Premium. Latest update wakes m...
  • keijodputt
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded songs stops playing at random moments.

Hey, My downloaded songs sometime stop playing at a random moment when I play them in Online Modus. Sometimes multiple times in one song. When I go in Offline Modus, this doesn't happen. I have a LG G4 with Android 6.0. I'm using Spotify a couple of ...

• Hey,   My downloaded songs sometime stop playing at a random moment when I play them in Online Modus. Sometimes multiple times in one song. When I go in Offline Modus, this doesn't happen. I h...
  • ElusiveHalcyon
  • Gig Goer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sort Album by "Last Added"

)Hi,on the Desktop-Client I can easily sort my Album-View in Spotify by "Last Added".On Android I can do that for artists and songs but ironically not for the "Album"-View where I would acutally need it. It is only sorted alphabetically there.See att...

• Casual Listener
  • )Hi, on the Desktop-Client I can easily sort my Album-View in Spotify by "Last Added". On Android I can do that for artists and songs but ironically not for the "Album"-View where I would acutally ...
  • Suvashis
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Set different download quality for different songs

Is there a way to say... set the download quality to extreme for a certain album, but also set the download quality to normal for my main playlist so it doesn't take up so much memory?

• Is there a way to say... set the download quality to extreme for a certain album, but also set the download quality to normal for my main playlist so it doesn't take up so much memory?
  • woodandrew90
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes