When I play audio from the Spotify Android app to Bluetooth speakers, I get little audio stutter/blips a few times per minute.
I've verified this is a problem with Bluetooth in the Spotify Android app by checking the following:
1. Issue doesn't occur when using Bluetooth headphones with another audio source (eg YouTube),
2. Issue doesn't occur when using wired headphones with Spotify Android app,
3. Issue doesn't occur when using Bluetooth headphones with macOS Spotify app,
4. Issue occurs on multiple differerent Bluetooth receivers,
5. Issue occurs on both WiFi and Cellular data,
6. Issue occurs both while streaming or playing downloaded music,
7. Issue occurs in both Online and Offline modes.
I have tried the following to fix the issue:
1. Turned off the EQ in the Spotify Android app,
2. Turned off "Contact Sharing" in system Bluetooth options for the headphones,
3. Reinstalled the Spotify Android app.
Android 7.1.2 (issue occurred on previous versions as well)
Spotify version: 126.96.36.1991 armV7