Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Congrats Spotify, this works always perfect!

No matter after how many updates or how many clean installations, within one week my offline tracks are always removed from my SD card.This is a rock-solid feature which Spotify offers, year after year, update after update, no matter how many users c...

• Visitor
  • No matter after how many updates or how many clean installations, within one week my offline tracks are always removed from my SD card. This is a rock-solid feature which Spotify offers, year after ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Another music player to play Spotify music ?

Hello, I do have some issues with Spotify player, mainly that it won't automatically start the music when headphones are connected and some others.Is there any app that will play the music that I have downloaded with Spotify ? I know BuMP music playe...

• Hello, I do have some issues with Spotify player, mainly that it won't automatically start the music when headphones are connected and some others. Is there any app that will play the music that I h...
  • ParisYoung
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Sonos Connect not working

I've noticed that since the last update I am unable to play music via my Sonos PlayBar. Initially the app connects but there is no sound. The song is playing on the app but there is no sound on the soundbar (yes, I've checked the volume is up). Anywa...

• I've noticed that since the last update I am unable to play music via my Sonos PlayBar. Initially the app connects but there is no sound. The song is playing on the app but there is no sound on the s...
  • mwjano
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify only playing first songs in playlist

I recently ended my spotify premium, only to find that shuffle mode only plays the first songs at the top of my playlist. It is stuck playing the first 10 or 12 or so. I have tried uninstalling, clearing cache, and even spotify shuffler, and still it...

• I recently ended my spotify premium, only to find that shuffle mode only plays the first songs at the top of my playlist. It is stuck playing the first 10 or 12 or so. I have tried uninstalling, clea...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Playing just a single song through Google Assistant

When I use Google Assistant to play a song through Spotify then it plays it, but when it's done it starts another song. I don't want this at all; if I wanted to start a new station then I'd ask for it. Is there a way to only play a single requested s...

• When I use Google Assistant to play a song through Spotify then it plays it, but when it's done it starts another song. I don't want this at all; if I wanted to start a new station then I'd ask for i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify lädt ohne Aufforderung Musik runter

Hey ich brauche dringend Hilfe. Spotify lädt bei mir ständig Musik ohne Aufforderung runter die ich garnicht haben möchte (meistens die gleiche). An einem Tag hat Spotify sogar einfach Musik abgespielt obwohl die Tastensperre drin war und ich Spotify...

• Hey ich brauche dringend Hilfe.   Spotify lädt bei mir ständig Musik ohne Aufforderung runter die ich garnicht haben möchte (meistens die gleiche). An einem Tag hat Spotify sogar einfach Musik...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyrics only show 30% or less of the lyics

I assume that the Lyrics feature is designed and released broken intentionally. The lyrics feature shows me a line or two of lyrics, then instead of loading lyrics, switches to the useless "behind the lyrics" screen.Then, as more and more and more wo...

• Music Fan
  • I assume that the Lyrics feature is designed and released broken intentionally.   The lyrics feature shows me a line or two of lyrics, then instead of loading lyrics, switches to the useless "...
  • MrDebnath
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 10 likes

Help!!! It ps growing and I'm not downloading! I can't figure out how to erase enough. Please help!!

The app keeps taking up more and more space. Even after emptying the cache from the app, it was still 3.2GB Now it's up to 5, and I haven't added anything. No adding to my library no downloading anything. Streaming only, so how can i manage the ridic...

• Regular
  • The app keeps taking up more and more space. Even after emptying the cache from the app, it was still 3.2GB Now it's up to 5, and I haven't added anything. No adding to my library no downloading anyt...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • size of app
    storage issues
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Random songs from a category.....can’t find it

Sorry..first post on these forums. been using Spotify for a whilei remember a feature, where I could select a genre I.e.lve songs..80’ s etc and then spotify would create a playlist... i can can no longer find this feature

• Sorry..first post on these forums.   been using Spotify for a while i remember a feature, where I could select a genre I.e.lve songs..80’ s etc and then spotify would create a playlist... &n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Xiaomi redmi5 no puedo dar me gusta o agregar a mi lista en Standby

Tengo un problemas con mi xiaom redmi5 cuando la pantalla está en Standby no sale ni el botón de me gusta o el de agregar a mi biblioteca ( + ). He intentado darle todos los privilegios a la app pero aún así no aparece la función.

• Tengo un problemas con mi xiaom redmi5 cuando la pantalla está en Standby no sale ni el botón de me gusta o el de agregar a mi biblioteca ( + ). He intentado darle todos los privilegios a la app pero...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs starting and stopping while playing

WHile in the car utilizing bluetooth, the songs are stopping and starting throughout the entire song. It's not only one song or artist. It's every song. I'm using Android 7.0. This is a recent development and has resulted in me turning off the app. I...

• Casual Listener
  • WHile in the car utilizing bluetooth, the songs are stopping and starting throughout the entire song. It's not only one song or artist. It's every song. I'm using Android 7.0. This is a recent develo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

songs play for 10 seconds!

I recently got a family premium package. after getting back into my account t the songs only play for around 10 seconds and stops? Anyone know how to fix this? I've logged out Every Where. restarted my phone.

• I recently got a family premium package. after getting back into my account t the songs only play for around 10 seconds and stops?    Anyone know how to fix this? I've logged out Every Wh...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Disabling suggested songs

I started using spotify on my samsung phone and I keep getting suggested songs while Im trying to listen to a specific artist.I looked up how to turn off suggested songs and everything said to turn off autoplay.I did that and the suggested songs stil...

• I started using spotify on my samsung phone and I keep getting suggested songs while Im trying to listen to a specific artist. I looked up how to turn off suggested songs and everything said to turn...
  • Bethany_Dawn
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • autoplay
    Mobile
    suggested songs
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix not really daily

Whenever I open a "Daily Mix" I get a new playlist. If I close it, and then go back to it, I get a new list of songs. Is this expected behaviour? It's not really a daily mix if it's a new playlist every time I look at it is it? Is it something like t...

• Regular
  • Whenever I open a "Daily Mix" I get a new playlist.  If I close it, and then go back to it, I get a new list of songs.   Is this expected behaviour?   It's not really a daily mi...
  • Uscore
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app starts playing music randomly

Its happening a lot lately, i'm listening to music in the car for instance, i pause music, and a couple of seconds later music starts again with no handling of the device. I close the app and that fixes the issue but if i leave it open its almoast ce...

• Its happening a lot lately, i'm listening to music in the car for instance, i pause music, and a couple of seconds later music starts again with no handling of the device.   I close the app an...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"You are set offline" "Please go online to connect Spotify"

Hey there, I'm facing a weird problem.Last night I was using Spotify with no problems in offline mod and with my phone gone in air mod (or how it's called in English, as I'm using in Turkish I'm translating everything on my own.)Anyways, I have falle...

• Casual Listener
  • Hey there, I'm facing a weird problem.Last night I was using Spotify with no problems in offline mod and with my phone gone in air mod (or how it's called in English, as I'm using in Turkish I'm tran...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downladed music is deleted

I have spotify student premium account and every now and then my songs are deleted. Does this have to do with the student account? I have automatic payment so i don't lose even a day without premium. I tried to not update the app (android) but it sti...

• I have spotify student premium account and every now and then my songs are deleted. Does this have to do with the student account? I have automatic payment so i don't lose even a day without premium....
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with repeating a song and loop.

Hello everybody, Since the new update I am no longer able to repeat songs neither to tag a loop. Does anyone else have the same problem? Could you solve it or is it just because of the new update? Thanks! J.

• Hello everybody,   Since the new update I am no longer able to repeat songs neither to tag a loop. Does anyone else have the same problem? Could you solve it or is it just because of the new u...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't log in cause I'm in a "different country"

When I try to log in to spotify it says that I'm trying to log in from another country and I'm in germany as I have always been, what can I do to solve the problem

• Casual Listener
  • When I try to log in to spotify it says that I'm trying to log in from another country and I'm in germany as I have always been, what can I do to solve the problem
  • thehyenas
  • Casual Listener
  • 29 replies
  • 18 likes
  • 29 replies
  • 18 likes