Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth skipping in car

Solved!

Bluetooth skipping in car

When listening through Bluetooth in car music constantly skips. I have downloaded all tracks to phone so phone network is not an issue. Tried unistalling app and downloaded songs again and also changed AVRCP Bluetooth version to 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 with no change and each time deleting and repairing devices. Don't know what else to try and don't want to pay $10 a month if I can't listen in car. 

Phone: Sony Xperia Performance 

Android version: 8.0.0(shipped before update too)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The phone can stream fine on other devices so I knew Spotify was fine but it was an issue between the phone and the car. I have however since fixed the issue.  It turns out that the other features sharing the Bluetooth bandwidth like sharing contacts and hands-free calling were the problem. They didn't leave enough bandwidth to effectively stream music so I unpaired the phone and radio and paired them again but this time answering NO to sharing contacts, messages, and turning off hands free calling.  No more skipping! Kinda sucks that I can't have both but it is easily turned on and off if I want to listen to music from the phone. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Try playing songs from spotify through another bluetooth speaker. If plays OK, then the problem is in the car's bluetooth. If not,

Try playing local songs from phone (using default music player) through car bluetooth. If works OK, then problem is probably in Spotify. If not, phone bluetooth is defective.

Marked as solution

The phone can stream fine on other devices so I knew Spotify was fine but it was an issue between the phone and the car. I have however since fixed the issue.  It turns out that the other features sharing the Bluetooth bandwidth like sharing contacts and hands-free calling were the problem. They didn't leave enough bandwidth to effectively stream music so I unpaired the phone and radio and paired them again but this time answering NO to sharing contacts, messages, and turning off hands free calling.  No more skipping! Kinda sucks that I can't have both but it is easily turned on and off if I want to listen to music from the phone. 

Suggested posts