Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Sazid11
  • Visitor
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 58 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tinder - Top Artists not showing

Hi,So, I've connected with Spotify through Tinder but I can't seem to get it to work properly. 1. My anthem. I'm not allowed to pick any song I want from Spotify. Complete albums fail to show up when I search (and yes, triple-checked spelling and wha...

• Regular
  • Hi, So, I've connected with Spotify through Tinder but I can't seem to get it to work properly.   1. My anthem. I'm not allowed to pick any song I want from Spotify. Complete albums fail...
  • prizefyter
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 18 replies
  • 6 likes

"Remove from this playlist button" disappeared

Hello Two days ago I have noticed some changes in playlist menu. When I click the shuffle button it always starts the first song from the playlist. This does not bother me much, but also "Remove from this playlist," button has gone. How to fix it? Th...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello  Two days ago I have noticed some changes in playlist menu. When I click the shuffle button it always starts the first song from the playlist. This does not bother me much, but also "Remo...
  • Lukas26
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Screen doesn't turn on when Spotify is logged in - Samsung Galaxy S5

It seems like at least half the time, I can't get my screen to turn on and I have to hard reboot the phone. I originally attributed this to some other new apps I had installed, but I realized after some experimentation that it only happens when Spoti...

• Casual Listener
  • It seems like at least half the time, I can't get my screen to turn on and I have to hard reboot the phone. I originally attributed this to some other new apps I had installed, but I realized after s...
  • Futil1ty
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify deleting my downloads

Hi!:)So spotify recently deleted all of my downloaded songs, and if I try to download them again, it sais I can't, because I can only have downloaded songs for 3 device at once..but I only use my spoify on my phone, not any other device.

• Regular
  • Hi!:) So spotify recently deleted all of my downloaded songs, and if I try to download them again, it sais I can't, because I can only have downloaded songs for 3 device at once..but I only use my s...
  • rozsnyaizsofia
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Control volume on second device (Spotify Connect)

I'm not able to control volume on second device, according to thread below it should be possible? http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Control-Volume-via-Spotify-Connect/idi-p/878921?nobounceDevice: Nexus 5Second: Galaxy Nexus Both running S...

• Regular
  • I'm not able to control volume on second device, according to thread below it should be possible? http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Control-Volume-via-Spotify-Connect/idi-p/878921?nob...
  • fleischsaege
  • 63 replies
  • 23 likes
  • Connect
    volume
  • 63 replies
  • 23 likes

Solved!! Only half of my playlist is showing up on phone app

Went to go listen to my playlist driving to work, and only half of it is showing up...went to add a song i knew was on it, but didnt appear, and it had the duplicate song pop up...went to spotify on my xbox and the entire playlist pops up...sort of f...

• Casual Listener
  • Went to go listen to my playlist driving to work, and only half of it is showing up...went to add a song i knew was on it, but didnt appear, and it had the duplicate song pop up...went to spotify on ...
  • Minchow1994
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Change user on tablet

Hello,I connect Spotify to a music server. For this I have specially set up an Android tablet just for this purpose. Now I've upgraded to Premium Family so my girlfriend can hear her own playlist. But: I can not find an easy way to simply switch the ...

• Hello, I connect Spotify to a music server. For this I have specially set up an Android tablet just for this purpose. Now I've upgraded to Premium Family so my girlfriend can hear her own playlist. ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist problems

Hey guys, well, my english isn't the best, but I hope that you can understand me: I have like 10 playlists on Spotify (in most of them are like 60 songs) and, as well, I have a great playlist (my "head" playlists) with 322 songs.When I want to hear m...

• Hey guys,   well, my english isn't the best, but I hope that you can understand me:   I have like 10 playlists on Spotify (in most of them are like 60 songs) and, as well, I have a grea...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Save album as new playlist while preserving artist and album name

Hi, some time ago, when i saved a complete album as a new playlist, then the name of the artist and the album was automatically taken over as the title of the new playlist, currently this is not the case anymore.I currently have to manually enter the...

• Hi, some time ago, when i saved a complete album as a new playlist, then the name of the artist and the album was automatically taken over as the title of the new playlist, currently this is not the ...
  • tommytoothpaste
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

"You're Offline", won't load Home Page at all, artist pages won't work.

1. My Home page won't load (Sorry, something went wrong...)2. I can't go to Artists' pages from search (You're offline) I am not offline. I can listen to songs from playlists online. Only Home page and artist page won't work. (I can search for a play...

• Casual Listener
  • 1. My Home page won't load (Sorry, something went wrong...) 2. I can't go to Artists' pages from search (You're offline)   I am not offline. I can listen to songs from playlists online. Only ...
  • jokinpaha
  • Casual Listener
  • 20 replies
  • 11 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 11 likes

Shuffle and Repeat not staying active

Recently all of my playlists have not been keeping shuffle and repeat activated. I will choose a song and activate the shuffle and repeat, but when I change the song the shuffle and repeat does not stay activated as it used to. I have tried shutting ...

• Recently all of my playlists have not been keeping shuffle and repeat activated. I will choose a song and activate the shuffle and repeat, but when I change the song the shuffle and repeat does not s...
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify connect on Android TV, guest playback ?

Back in the days I was using spotify gramafon for playback.If I got a guest in the same wifi he is also ready to playback from his spotify client. Now I am using spotify app on android tv and the guest have to use his login for playback? I am confuse...

• Casual Listener
  • Back in the days I was using spotify gramafon for playback. If I got a guest in the same wifi he is also ready to playback from his spotify client.   Now I am using spotify app on android tv ...
  • Alfredo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Local files are missing album art on my Android

I have tried deleting the files I downloaded on my PC and readding them. I even added the albums to iTunes and imported that way but I can't get the art to show when I sync the playlist to my phone. It's annoying seeing a grey generic picture on all ...

• Music Fan
  • I have tried deleting the files I downloaded on my PC and readding them. I even added the albums to iTunes and imported that way but I can't get the art to show when I sync the playlist to my phone. ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • album art
    Android 7.1
    Local files for Spotify Mobile
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to access storage option

I can't choose where my music is downloaded anymore. I had the option yesterday but then my music undownloaded and now I can't download it to my SD card. I am using a ZTE zmax pro with Android 6.0.1.

• Visitor
  • I can't choose where my music is downloaded anymore. I had the option yesterday but then my music undownloaded and now I can't download it to my SD card. I am using a ZTE zmax pro with Android 6.0.1.
  • udance4ever
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Like button from radio

If you press the like (heart) button in the app the song gets added to your libary. When your listening from your Daily Mix. But it doesnt do that if you are doing it from the lock screen and thats really annoying

• If you press the like (heart) button in the app the song gets added to your libary. When your listening from your Daily Mix.  But it doesnt do that if you are doing it from the lock screen and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Keeps Stopping

Spotify connect keeps stopping after about 5 seconds of play. This is a really annoying issue, which seems to occur every time I use the device. I often get it to work after wiping out all the old data on the phone etc. only to have the problem occur...

• Spotify connect keeps stopping after about 5 seconds of play.   This is a really annoying issue, which seems to occur every time I use the device.  I often get it to work after wiping out...
  • Lawrenceboy24
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting songd problems

Me and my friend use the same account. Now, I think he added some songs to our main playlist. I just hate some of the songs he added so I thought i would just delete them cause he does'nt really listen to the main playlist often. But I could never fi...

• Casual Listener
  • Me and my friend use the same account. Now, I think he added some songs to our main playlist. I just hate some of the songs he added so I thought i would just delete them cause he does'nt really list...
  • phan_times
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Shuffle does not work in playlist after new song is selected

This issue just started on my Galaxy S6. When i go to a playlist and click on a song, the shuffle and repeat buttons are turned off (not highlighted in green). Once i click them both, i would fully expect it to stay in shuffle and repeat mode. It sta...

• This issue just started on my Galaxy S6. When i go to a playlist and click on a song, the shuffle and repeat buttons are turned off (not highlighted in green). Once i click them both, i would fully e...
  • theprimeanomaly
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Google Chrome casting app keeps skipping songs

This never happened. I went to a station and when I shuffled music the songs don't play and it slipped after 1 second. This is while I was casting. Not doing it while on my phone.

• This never happened. I went to a station and when I shuffled music the songs don't play and it slipped after 1 second. This is while I was casting. Not doing it while on my phone.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Radio function not there

Hi, I have spotify on my ipad and at the bottom of the screen is a radio button. I have now downloaded spotify on my samsung galaxy s6 and there is no radio button at the bottom of the screen. Is this normal that the andriod app does not have the rad...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I have spotify on my ipad and at the bottom of the screen is a radio button. I have now downloaded spotify on my samsung galaxy s6 and there is no radio button at the bottom of the scree...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes