Country

Israel

Device

Samsung galaxy s8

Operating System

Android Pie 

My Question or Issue

Autoplay not working. 

Sometimes it does and most of the times not.

Autoplay is turned on in settings

64 Replies

Hi @Ofird167, thanks for writing!

Are you listening to playlists or albums from the artist page? If you're listening from the artist page, that's likely the cause.

If you click on the album's title, the album page opens, and when you press play in there, Spotify will play only this album.

On artist page it will play every following album in a row.

Let me know if it helps 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Here is the detailed information :

When I search for a song it plays the song and then it just pauses.

When I try to change the next song manually the current song just stops and reset (back to 0:00)

Yesterday from 20+ searches only a few times the autoplay works

I could search for a song and the autoplay will give me the song's radio, and 1 minute later search for another one and it will just stop. 

I have the exact same issue since eternity. Whenever I play a song from the search results, spotify sometimes plays the next song (autoplay). Most of the other times, spotify stops after the current song. This is annoying to a whole new level. Please fix this ASAP.

Hey @nikhilweee and @Ofird167,

Please try toggling Autoplay on/off, and if it doesn't help, a clean reinstall might help. 

Thanks! Keep me posted 🙂

BittencourtSpotify Star

Toggling autoplay doesn't help. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling Spotify solved the problem for few searches but now it doesn't work. 

Hey @Ofird167 and @nikhilweee

Can you please provide me with more detailed information so we can try to figure this out?

"When I search for a song it plays the song and then it just pauses."

> Do you mean that it pauses halfway through the song, or that it stops at the end of the song?

"When I try to change the next song manually the current song just stops and reset (back to 0:00)"

> Can you tap the next song button twice and see if Autoplay/Radio starts?

"Yesterday from 20+ searches only a few times the autoplay works. I could search for a song and the autoplay will give me the song's radio, and 1 minute later search for another one and it will just stop." 

> Again, can you confirm that it stops after the song ends rather than halfway through? If it's the former, can you try pressing the next button once and then once again and see if Autoplay/Radio starts?

Also, if possible, a screen recording would be helpful to illustrate this issue.

Thanks!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Sorry for the delay. Here is a screen gif.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Today there was an update that might have fixed it. No problems so far. 

Hey @Ofird167, I'm glad to hear that.

Let me know if something wrong comes up!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Hi, I have the very same issue with autoplay as shown in the gif. After last song in the playlist it jumps on the first one and stops. It doesn't continue with other song of the same "kind".

I have tried switching the function off-on. The app is freshly installed as this is new device (Samsung Galaxy S10). The old version on my old phone was working correctly.

Thanks

Hey @Doubi - help's here!

We're not aware of any wider issue with the Autoplay function at the minute, but we'll be happy to help you troubleshoot.

Do you mind trying to reinstall one more time, making sure to follow the relevant steps for your device in this Spotify Answer?

If that doesn't work, do you mind trying to log in using another account on your current device and seeing if that works?

This is simply to figure out whether there might be something up with the account itself rather than the device.

Thanks - keep us posted 🙂

Thank you, this worked for me too

I actually have had the same problem too the last 2 weeks. I know I'm not the only one, my sister and brother already complained both about it and a week ago I heard a friend mentioning this same exact problem. Autoplay just doesnt start. I have the same thing as Doubi, I have a new device (Samsung galaxy A50) and even on here I have reinstalled the app already, but it didn't work. Since I heard more people about this problem I don't think this is neccesarily linked to my account in specific?

I'm thinking something might be up with Spotify, or maybe only with the newest devices? Since the people Ive heard talking about this problem all have fairly new phones.

Hey there @mariekendeboer,

Thanks for posting about this here in the Community!

Could you double check if there are any songs in your Queue? You can find more info on how to check this here.

If there are queued songs, it would explain why, instead of starting Autoplay with a new song, another song from your playlist starts. If you do see any, simply remove the tracks from the queue and give it another try.

If that doesn't doesn't do the trick, it would be a good idea performing a thorough reinstallation of the app, this time following the steps on this Spotify Answer

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Go to Settings > Apps > Spotify and click Clear Cache.

Try again, if not working, try to turn off and on the Autoplay setting.

Hey, I've used Spotify from my s9-my now oneplus 7 pro and this feature has never worked for me except for 1 time yesterday. My friend has an iPhone and he's never had an issue with it, I just thought android didn't have the feature and apple did (like so many other features).

I've done everything in that thread, except for logging into another account on my phone because I don't have one, and I can check to see if it works on my pc when I get off work. 

The radio system is the one thing YouTube has that makes me prefer it far more than Spotify so it'd be great if it worked. 

+1 I'm having the same issue and  have been having this issue for the duration of my membership. Reinstall, clearing cache, and deleting the AppData/Library folders for Spotify does not fix the issue.

About half of the time when a playlist ends, Autoplay simply DOES NOT WORK, and will instead act as though I've activated a completely different feature that actually is disabled (repeat).

as this _radio_ like feature is one of the main functions I need from Spotify, I'm hopeful that this gets fixed soon! (and let's be honest, I'm also somewhat curious how this feature fares on competitor platforms)

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Tengo el mismo problema que NO FUNCIONA EL AUTOPLAY, ni reseteado en celular de fabrica se corrige este error, espero lo solucionen pronto ya que lleva más de una semana este inconveniente y para mí es una de las principales funciones por las que pago la membresía.

Hello @Walter715,

Thanks for reaching out about this here and welcome to the Community! Hope you don't mind us answering in English 🙂

This is an issue we were looking into recently and which should be fixed on the latest app version. In case you are still experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure your app is up-to-date and try again.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be right here if you need more help with this!

XeniaModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts