the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

Highlighted

the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

Music Fan

Hello. I am using Samsung Gear Sport smartwatch. Spotify version is 2.2.2

Spotify does not recognize "Jabra Elite 65t" and "Taotronics BH16". I dont have another bluetooth device. 

When i try to "shuffle play" my downloaded songs, spotify on my watch says "the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device" although i hear "connected / disconnected" from my earbuds. 

I rebooted my earbuds twice. Is there a problem?

Plan

Premium

Country

TURKEY

Device

Xiaomi Mi Max 3, Samsung Gear Sport Tizen 4.0.0.2

Operating System

Android Pie, Tizen 4.0.0.2

16 Replies
Highlighted

Re: the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

I'm having the same problem with my galaxy active watch, any solution? 

Highlighted

Re: the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

Hey @JA92 and @1161481900,

Thanks for posting about your issue in the Community.

We saw that someone in a reddit thread provided a possible workaround (see here).

The suggested workaround is:

"Place your watch to charging dock. While charging, open spotify app, select a playlist, download it. It syncs."

Do you mind seeing if this works for you?

Let us know 🙂

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

I'm having the same problem - this solution did not work for me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spofity app on my galaxy watch, also tried making a new and smaller playlist just for the watch, also tried downloading the playlist to the watch while on the charger. None of these worked for me.. 

Highlighted

I couldn't play music offline on my Samsung galaxy watch. I didn't believe this solution was going to work but I was desperate so I tried it... and it works! I downloaded one playlist while watch was on the charging dock and now all downloaded playlists work offline!
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I was having the same issue, but this did not fix my problem.

Highlighted

Hey @jayr4 - help's here!

Users in this thread were able to resolve a similar issue with the steps provided in the solution.

Do you mind trying the suggested solution in the above thread and letting us know if it works for you?

Thanks - keep us posted!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Visitor

Me too. Date 2020-jan 26.

On clear why this message appears and how to solve. 

Highlighted

Having the same problem on galaxy watch active. Frustrating AF

Highlighted

Casual Listener

What finally worked for me:

1) I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify from my phone. (Probably not the solution, but it was part of what I tried)

2) Downloaded a playlist over WiFi, while my Galaxy Watch was on its charging cradle. 

You should notice that it takes considerably longer to download the playlist. This means that it actually is downloading. After one goes on, it seems like the other playlists or updates can be added normally, but I still put it on the charger most of the time. Hope it works for you.

SUGGESTED POSTS