Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

Solved!

the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

Hello. I am using Samsung Gear Sport smartwatch. Spotify version is 2.2.2

Spotify does not recognize "Jabra Elite 65t" and "Taotronics BH16". I dont have another bluetooth device. 

When i try to "shuffle play" my downloaded songs, spotify on my watch says "the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device" although i hear "connected / disconnected" from my earbuds. 

I rebooted my earbuds twice. Is there a problem?

Plan

Premium

Country

TURKEY

Device

Xiaomi Mi Max 3, Samsung Gear Sport Tizen 4.0.0.2

Operating System

Android Pie, Tizen 4.0.0.2

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

What finally worked for me:

1) I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify from my phone. (Probably not the solution, but it was part of what I tried)

2) Downloaded a playlist over WiFi, while my Galaxy Watch was on its charging cradle. 

You should notice that it takes considerably longer to download the playlist. This means that it actually is downloading. After one goes on, it seems like the other playlists or updates can be added normally, but I still put it on the charger most of the time. Hope it works for you.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I had the some problem, I just opened spotify on my Samsung gear S3, went to settings - then to play back - then to remote and fixed it!

View solution in original post

24 Replies

I'm having the same problem with my galaxy active watch, any solution? 

Hey @JA92 and @1161481900,

Thanks for posting about your issue in the Community.

We saw that someone in a reddit thread provided a possible workaround (see here).

The suggested workaround is:

"Place your watch to charging dock. While charging, open spotify app, select a playlist, download it. It syncs."

Do you mind seeing if this works for you?

Let us know 🙂

I'm having the same problem - this solution did not work for me. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Spofity app on my galaxy watch, also tried making a new and smaller playlist just for the watch, also tried downloading the playlist to the watch while on the charger. None of these worked for me.. 

I couldn't play music offline on my Samsung galaxy watch. I didn't believe this solution was going to work but I was desperate so I tried it... and it works! I downloaded one playlist while watch was on the charging dock and now all downloaded playlists work offline!

I was having the same issue, but this did not fix my problem.

Hey @jayr4 - help's here!

Users in this thread were able to resolve a similar issue with the steps provided in the solution.

Do you mind trying the suggested solution in the above thread and letting us know if it works for you?

Thanks - keep us posted!

Me too. Date 2020-jan 26.

On clear why this message appears and how to solve. 

Having the same problem on galaxy watch active. Frustrating AF

Marked as solution

What finally worked for me:

1) I uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify from my phone. (Probably not the solution, but it was part of what I tried)

2) Downloaded a playlist over WiFi, while my Galaxy Watch was on its charging cradle. 

You should notice that it takes considerably longer to download the playlist. This means that it actually is downloading. After one goes on, it seems like the other playlists or updates can be added normally, but I still put it on the charger most of the time. Hope it works for you.

this is driving me nuts, **bleep** product.

periodically this just happens and i fiddle for hours until it works again.

is there a timeout for offline and standalone on the watch ?

i setup and downloaded playlists so shouldnt need to keep doing this.

solution is to uninstall and reinstall spotify then setup again from scratch nuts !

is this dodgy app going to get a rewrite ever , from searching online this has been happening for years.

Dear Spotify, I keep having the same problem. What you suggest as a solution is a total disappointment (if not insult) to your customers. 

Is it that difficult to make a simple and working app for smart watches? (Samsung, in this case)

You should put a little bit more effort, because no company is indispensable.

Hi Peter, I do not know if you are the right person for this but I would be happy if you can convey the message to the right people. It is a shame for spotify to create such a rubbish app for smart watches. And the so-called solutions here are not solutions at all. I expect Spotify to put slightly more effort in this annoying issue.

You're damn right. It's really annoying! I just bought the Gear S3 Frontier because of the Offline-Mode within the Spotify App. Now not working the smartwatch is more or less worthless to me!

Get it right @spotify !!!

really? did you check it download every track, mine for example works some times and most of the tracks appears with a cloud and an X, it simply doen´t download all the content.  I don´t know what is poorer, the spotify developers or the poor OS (tysen) running on the watch

This link is for an entirely different problem.

"This link is for an entirely different problem." Different to which problem? Your reply makes no sense without referring to what you were looking for!

Marked as solution

I had the some problem, I just opened spotify on my Samsung gear S3, went to settings - then to play back - then to remote and fixed it!

so it appears you have to delete downloaded music and download again every 30days - by logging into wi fi - as the watch is connected to my phone except when in gym, and i wifi at home this should be seemless but the app is poorly designed. neverless to keep listening to downloaded music you must do this !

Hey there @charliecolson,

Thanks for your post!

Currently this is how the app works. You need to connect to the internet every 30 days, so that the system can verify that you're still a premium user, since the offline music function is available only on Premium.

Give us a shout if you have more questions. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts