the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

Highlighted

Re: the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

Visitor

this is driving me nuts, **bleep** product.

periodically this just happens and i fiddle for hours until it works again.

is there a timeout for offline and standalone on the watch ?

i setup and downloaded playlists so shouldnt need to keep doing this.

solution is to uninstall and reinstall spotify then setup again from scratch nuts !

is this dodgy app going to get a rewrite ever , from searching online this has been happening for years.

Highlighted

Re: the operation is not supported if the device is not the active playback device

Casual Listener

Dear Spotify, I keep having the same problem. What you suggest as a solution is a total disappointment (if not insult) to your customers. 

Is it that difficult to make a simple and working app for smart watches? (Samsung, in this case)

You should put a little bit more effort, because no company is indispensable.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Hi Peter, I do not know if you are the right person for this but I would be happy if you can convey the message to the right people. It is a shame for spotify to create such a rubbish app for smart watches. And the so-called solutions here are not solutions at all. I expect Spotify to put slightly more effort in this annoying issue.
Highlighted

Regular
You're damn right. It's really annoying! I just bought the Gear S3 Frontier because of the Offline-Mode within the Spotify App. Now not working the smartwatch is more or less worthless to me!

Get it right @spotify !!!
Highlighted

Casual Listener

really? did you check it download every track, mine for example works some times and most of the tracks appears with a cloud and an X, it simply doen´t download all the content.  I don´t know what is poorer, the spotify developers or the poor OS (tysen) running on the watch

Highlighted

This link is for an entirely different problem.
Highlighted

Regular

"This link is for an entirely different problem." Different to which problem? Your reply makes no sense without referring to what you were looking for!

SUGGESTED POSTS