Free/Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

(Nokia 7 plus)

Operating System

(Android Pie.)

My Question or Issue

Bass boost keep resetting to zero, problem started after updating to Android pie. Anyone else got this problem?

34 Replies

Hi all.

As it looks like one-person-thread now I only would like to mention that all equalizer problems went away after the last spotify update (that one with playlist changes). The only 'acceptable' issue I have now is that everytime I start the player or change the song before it ends, for about 1-2 seconds I can hear that equalizer is not working, then it is turning on and everything is ok. Turning on/off bluetooth, changing devices is not affecting equalizer and bass boost settings anymore.

Thank you very much for that fix 😄

Best wishes,

Kris

Hey @xixek.

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming that the latest update fixed things for you - we're glad to hear it 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else - we'll be right here.

Take care!

I'm a bit late to this post but I have been noticing the same problem recently. At first I thought it was just my car speakers, but I was using Spotify on my TV and the same was happening by cutting in and out throughout any and all songs. My boyfriend has been experiencing the same issue among his listening platforms.(laptop, phone, head phones car speakers)

Hello Everybody, 
I had simmilar problems, like described above.
I figured out that on my device "Xiaomi Mi Mix 3", when you 'close' all Apps in the multitasking window it wipes the cache to. 
Workarround[Fix]: 
Prevent cache wipe for Spotify.
In MIUI 10 you can open the Multitasking Window, hold long Press on Spotify and press on the Lock icon.
This solution works for MIUIThis solution works for MIUI

Sugesstion for Spotify: 
Save Equalizerdata not in Localcache storage.

Ok I have to take back my Reply from above. 
Problem still apperas when bluetooth headphones connects after a short period of time.

Hello, 

I'm sorry but this issue is still present. If I close (kill) the Spotify app, then relaunch it, the bass boos is resetted. 

Xiaomi Mi8

10.3.3 stable Android 9

Spotify 8.5.17.676

Thanks for your feedback. 

Waiting for a reply... 

Regards,

Thomas

problem is still there..

Same issue with me using Nokia 3.1 and bluetooth audio. It keeps resetting on random times when I adjust volume or change songs sometimes when I am about to listen its very hard to get an accurate pattern but is quite annoying specially I lower the frequencies and then increase the volume so when it disables it gets louder for me and it will take a few seconds to lower the volume since it will lag a bit whenever that happens.

Redmi Note 7 Pro

Android 9

Spotify Version 8.5.57.1164

My bass boost just randomly keeps resetting to zero.

It did not work

It keeps resetting.

I only use wireless headphones.

It only remains full when i'm listening to a song.

And when no songs are being played. It resets itself

Screenshot_2020-05-17-14-52-45-869_com.miui.audioeffect.jpg
Screenshot_2020-05-17-14-52-37-419_com.miui.audioeffect.jpg
Screenshot_2020-05-17-14-52-54-494_com.spotify.music.jpg

I have the same problem when i turn off my Bluetooth device!

Redmi note 7 

Spotify version 8.5.60.1013

Please help!

Hello. I've been using BT headphones and speakers for a few years with my Spotify premium account for a few years now and it's quite inconvenient every time the bass Boost resets. If it's truly a function that is I tended to spare the internal phone speaker from damage I can assure you that concept is now outdated. Only criminals and the worst of us will blast music out loud for all to hear. The world is saturated with Bluetooth products and we no longer need to worry about the phone speakers of the annoying people around the world. Removing this safety/longevity measure will in fact enrich the lives of all of us either by improving your customers lives and also helping destroy the speakers of those who would inconvenience the rest of us. At least disable it for premium users. That's just my point of view. What do I know, I'm just paying money every month...

Suggested posts