Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung S21 Ultra 

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

I keep getting added to Group sessions without my approval and I'm unable to leave the group as the button to leave isn't showing up. I have done pretty much everything to avoid this even going into my own group session and somehow this keeps happening. It's becoming infuriating as I can't listen to my own music when I want to. I already changed my password, logged out all devices, used private session, please help 

7 Replies

Hey there @Azurelos,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you're seeing on your end so we can take a closer look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert image option in the post editor. Make sure not to send any private info. 

On another note, could you let us if you know the people whose session you're joining? Are they connected to the same WiFi?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I can attach an image when it happens tomorrow, but to answer the questions...I don't know any of the people in the session, I'm using the WiFi at work when it usually happens, I have also had it happen a few times while on the road. I know it's not listed devices when on the same WiFi as it's putting me in a session instead of letting me play on my own device.

Hey @Azurelos,

Thanks for the reply and the info.

It would be great if you can include a screenshot of how things look on your end when this is happening. This will help us understand the issue better.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Here's the images

Screenshot_20220329-140131_Spotify.png
Screenshot_20220329-140125_Spotify.png

Hey @Azurelos

Thanks for the screenshots and the extra info. 

It looks like this is a session on speaker. Can you try following these steps to disable this feature? 

1. Tap CarlosE_4-1648681599610.pngand select the device.
  2. Switch group session off.

Let us know if this persists afterwards. 

If so, can you confirm if this happens when connecting a Bluetooth device, or if it also happens if you're listening directly from the phone's speaker or wired headphones? 

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I don't have an option to switch group session off, sorta the whole point why I'm posting here. This happens whether I'm listening on my (wired) computer or using my bluetooth headphones.

Hey @Azurelos,

Thanks for the reply and for going through this troubleshooting with us.

This does seem a bit odd, not being able to leave the group session.

Can you try the following: In your Spotify settings on mobile, go to Devices> switch on Show local devices only.

If that doesn't make a difference can you go into your phone's app settings and permissions and check if Spotify is granted permission to use Bluetooth and try disabling that.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts