Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Browse Option Is Missing

Solved!

Browse Option Is Missing

Subscription

Premium

Country

United States

Device

(Samsung Galaxy Note 😎

Operating System

(Android Oreo)

So my Samsung Note 8 recently updated Spotify, and I noticed that the browse option on the bottom has completely vanished. I also cannot view any artists, albums, or access Spotify Radio. This only just happened a couple of days ago, and seeing as I do pay for the service, I see this as a very big issue. Is anyone having the same issues and is anything being done to resolve these issues?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @chucklouie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Browse and Search are combined into one improved, personalized page. At the top of the search page are your top genres, followed by all the other genres you know and love.

In this case, to find the New Music Friday playlist, all you need to do is tap Search, scroll until you see the tile for New Releases and click it. Your New Music Friday and new albums/singles releases by your favorite artists should be there 🙂

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Hey @Forceswag.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Looks like your app has upgraded to the New Spotify Premium! You can read more about this here. You can still search for artists and albums, and there is the all new Endless Artist Radio 🙂

If you have any questions about this version, let us know and we'll be happy to help you out.

Have a nice day.

So how do we browse by genre, or by charts?  I can't access much of the content I'm looking for.

@Guido, is there a way to feedback on this redesign? I personally really dislike it. 90% of the time when I'm searching, I'm searching for a specific song/artist/album etc or just trying to access previous searches. Having to click search yet again is annoying. When searching for a previous search I have to tap search twice then tap the back button as the second search tap brings up my keyboard blocking previous searches. This new design adds a ton of friction and seems to do nothing but save dead space in the tabs section - there's plenty of room for 5!

Same for iOS app. I definitely am missing the Browse features. A great feature for New Music Friday and recommended artists based on your listening. 

I would like to see it back. 

You need to tap the middle button

_20181027_230120.JPG
Marked as solution

Hey there @chucklouie,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Browse and Search are combined into one improved, personalized page. At the top of the search page are your top genres, followed by all the other genres you know and love.

In this case, to find the New Music Friday playlist, all you need to do is tap Search, scroll until you see the tile for New Releases and click it. Your New Music Friday and new albums/singles releases by your favorite artists should be there 🙂

Hope this helps!

KaterinaModerator

ohhhhh I see. It does! It does! Yours and @lobos replies have helped big time. Thank you!

Hey again @chucklouie,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Glad to hear that you're reunited with your tunes now!

Happy Spotifying 🙂

KaterinaModerator

That's not how it worked when the redesign was first released.  All the search tab showed was search history.  But I guess if you wait long enough it eventually gets fixed...

This is not true, i have the same exact spotify version on two different phones with two different android versions and this is the result after installing both

Screenshot_20191221-192138.jpg

Screenshot_20191221-192506.png

if i did not have two different working phones i would have accepted your answer, but actually this is totally WRONG, i hope that you fix it, this is a bug no doubts

Hey there @omar12542,

Thanks for posting about this here and welcome to the Community!

That's odd. As you mention this happening on two different devices, it'd be helpful if you could share the devices' make and model and operating system version as well as the exact Spotify version installed on each device so we can take another look.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

KaterinaModerator

This is so non-intuitive. I HAD TO GOOGLE WHERE THE BROWSE SECTION IS.

Fail

Suggested posts