Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug in the song search list

Bug in the song search list

Sir, 

In the search option, if we search for any songs, the three dots in for all songs doenst work. We can't add into playlists or check for any info directly.  We have to play the song and then look for other options, which is really annoying. Please, kindly look for the bug and remove it .

(P.S) I have attached my Screenshot and I have highlighted those three dots for each songs which doenst work.

Screenshot_20211106-151123_Spotify~2.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @NitinGuna,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

We've moved your post to a relevant Help Board where it fits better.

This looks a bit odd and we have difficulties reproducing it. We'd need you to share some more info from your end if possible:

• the make, model, OS version and Spotify version of your device?
  •  if you had Premium service in the past
  • your location (country) 

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Samsung Galaxy F41
One UI 3.1
Spotify version : 8.6.74.1176

Hey there @NitinGuna

Thanks for sending us this info. 

We can see on the screenshot you sent that you have the free service. In this case, we can confirm that this option is not available for free accounts. 

If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

So do you mean that the premium version of the app is the bug free version of spotify??? I have never any other app like this.

Premium version usually includes ad free version, free downloading feature and probably few extra unplayable songs with copyright issues or something else(only god knows the reason).

This issue in spotify is clearly a bug. The three dots to check the info of the songs from search option "is not working" - clearly indicating its a bug.

Whats wrong with the developers. Do they want the free users to use the app with bugs??

Or Are they indirectly pressuring the users to subscribe to premium version to use the app without "bugs"??

I guess the description should be like.....Spotify....the exclusive music app with exclusive amount of songs with some bugs as complimentary for users.

Hey @NitinGuna

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

As previously mentioned, this option isn't available for free accounts and it's not an issue with the app. Keep in mind that some features may vary depending on the type of service you have.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us as it helps us improve. 

If you need help with anything else, the Community is here for you.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts