Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bug report: hey spotify icon stuck on screen when inc qr

Bug report: hey spotify icon stuck on screen when inc qr

Device

Pixel 4a 5G

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

The new hey spotify feature leaves an obstuctive icon stuck on the acreen, even after turning on and off the feature again. Until closing and reopening the app it also further obscured the UI with the suggestion tip telling me to turn it on. I don't have ANY auto functionality, nor do I have my phone hooked up to the car other than a dummy bluetooth device. I hate the spotify auto integration so all the icon does is get in the way for functionality that doesn't work in the first place. When disconnected from bluetooth from the car the icon disappears.

I am also incredibly frustrated that a forum is the only place to report issues. Support for spotify is so terrible especially given the volume of bugs with their app. Capcha also seems broken and is preventing me from posting, really stupid that the knly avenue of support I have trouble accessing

4 Replies

It took me 4 freaking tries to post this  because of the busted capcha

Hey @Kegley

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

Could you confirm if this persists after running a clean reinstall of Spotify on your mobile device? This will remove corrupted data that could be causing the issue and update your app to the latest version.   

If you see no difference after the clean reinstall, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify.

You can reach out to our customer support team in several different ways which can be found here. If you still struggle with posting on the Community, make sure you try again in a private/incognito window. This will let you avoid issues with your browser's cache.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Have this same issue done the clean reinstall and it still doesn't work

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you post a screenshot of the notification you're getting so we can better understand what is going on on your end?

@JamieLovesMusic We'd also need some device setup information like brand/model and operating system.

Does this notification appear if you connect the app to a different playback device per Bluetooth?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts